26.5 Bravo 1 XS on Puma Ftd ?

Anyone running subject prop / boat with 250XS Gen 1 Torque master?

2. Member
    Following, I know of a guy running a 27" on a Cougar and loves it. I'm also considering a 27 Bravo 1 XS on my 13 Puma FTD with a Gen 1.

I ran a 26 Bravo 1 XS on my 13 Puma FTD and was on the limiter, I had the gen 2 lower unit.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RCC70 View Post
    Following, I know of a guy running a 27" on a Cougar and loves it. I'm also considering a 27 Bravo 1 XS on my 13 Puma FTD with a Gen 1.
    Any idea what kind of numbers he’s seeing?

A 26.5 would usually be a high perf propeller and quite expensive. They are rare.

6. Member
    I got to try a 27 Bravo xs this week that Limbhanger 51 is running on his boat. My boat is a 2018 Eyra. The prop brings the boat to life, the hole shot was awesome and the lift was very good. I did not have time to try and get top end numbers but i had 60 mph at about 4800 and 69 at 5100 it was just starting to walk. I still had a lot of throttle left.

Quote Originally Posted by acfcat2 View Post
    I got to try a 27 Bravo xs this week that Limbhanger 51 is running on his boat. My boat is a 2018 Eyra. The prop brings the boat to life, the hole shot was awesome and the lift was very good. I did not have time to try and get top end numbers but i had 60 mph at about 4800 and 69 at 5100 it was just starting to walk. I still had a lot of throttle left.
    I’d like to try a 27, I've ran a 26 Bravo 1 for about a year and really like it. I’ve had it to 76 with the 26, could definitely turn a 27 in the cooler months.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C130 View Post
    I’d like to try a 27, I've ran a 26 Bravo 1 for about a year and really like it. I’ve had it to 76 with the 26, could definitely turn a 27 in the cooler months.
    I had RG tune my 26 Bravo 1XS. On my Sabre 175 Pro XS, it’s faster than stock. I don’t have enough motor to get everything out of it on the top end now. It’s almost a mph faster turning 100 fewer rpms. Hole shot & mid range are still smoking on my boat. Send me a pm if want to try it sometime. It’s probably equivalent to a 27 now.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CB_SabreFTD18 View Post
    I had RG tune my 26 Bravo 1XS. On my Sabre 175 Pro XS, it’s faster than stock. I don’t have enough motor to get everything out of it on the top end now. It’s almost a mph faster turning 100 fewer rpms. Hole shot & mid range are still smoking on my boat. Send me a pm if want to try it sometime. It’s probably equivalent to a 27 now.
    What kinda rpm you getting turning that with a 175
    2018 Bass Cat Caracal
    Yamaha 225 SHO

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lamoon78 View Post
    What kinda rpm you getting turning that with a 175
    Stock, it was 5830-5850 on the Smartcraft running 68.5-.7 with all my tackle upfront in the Summer or Winter. Weight didn’t seem to matter much. Tuned, best I’ve seen was 5770 @ 69.2 this Spring with about 1/4 tank of gas by myself. To get that, I have to run it 3 1/4 PTP. I don’t have any power poles. As a comparison, my 175 turns a stock 24 Fury to 5860-70 @ 69.6-.9 in the Summer. A 24 Tempest turns it 6020 @ 68.4-.5 in the heat. The Bravo is my favorite prop, but tuned the 175 doesn’t have enough juice to get everything out of it. I tried a 25 Bravo, but it was 3.5 mph slower at 6000 rpms. RG said he tuned the Bravo the same way he does the Fury. My motor is one of the last 2 strokes.

11. Member
    Thanks was curious what my 225 SHO might be able to turn.
    2018 Bass Cat Caracal
    Yamaha 225 SHO

Thanks, I might take you up on the offer. I’d love to try it sometime, have thought about sending Ronnie my Bravo 26.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C130 View Post
    Thanks, I might take you up on the offer. I’d love to try it sometime, have thought about sending Ronnie my Bravo 26.
    Just let me know. I’m curious what it will do with a big motor. It’s definitely got more in it than the stock 26, and it feels like it gets even more lift on my Sabre. It just needs a 225 or 250 to reach it’s speed potential in my opinion. It’s got the trailing edges of the blade surfaces sand blasted (looks that way). On my boat, it still has a faster hole shot and mid range than the 24 Fury or 24 Tempest. It won’t out run the Fury in calm conditions, but it will in the choppy stuff on my 18 footer. Trimmed all the way down, it’s 5-6 mph faster than the Fury.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MDBASSNPRO View Post
    Any idea what kind of numbers he’s seeing?
    I think he said around 76-78, we didn't discuss his top end much, we talked mainly about his hole shot and lift. Which he said was great.

Just let me know. I’m curious what it will do with a big motor. It’s definitely got more in it than the stock 26, and it feels like it gets even more lift on my Sabre. It just needs a 225 or 250 to reach it’s speed potential in my opinion. It’s got the trailing edges of the blade surfaces sand blasted (looks that way). On my boat, it still has a faster hole shot and mid range than the 24 Fury or 24 Tempest. It won’t out run the Fury in calm conditions, but it will in the choppy stuff on my 18 footer. Trimmed all the way down, it’s 5-6 mph faster than the Fury.

What part of town are you in? I’m in Magnolia, off 1488. My cell is 832-767-8890. You can text if that’s easier.

16. Member

I do

Quote Originally Posted by MDBASSNPRO View Post
    Anyone running subject prop / boat with 250XS Gen 1 Torque master?
    Probably my favorite prop I run four batteries ultrex Great hole shot and still get good top end I also run hydromotives and I 25 hi five for a really rough water motive