HDS Carbon 12 adding LSS-1 Transducer. How to setup source 2 in unit?

I'm new to Lowrance so please bare with me. I just installed LSS-1 on trolling motor. Connected directly to sonar 2 port on Carbon unit. In sonar installation, what device type should I pick for the Lss-1. I do not see LSS-1 listed in the drop down of options. I have US/2 connected via port 1 as well.

Should this be auto detected? Xid?

I am running a carbon 16 at the console connected to ss3d and an in-hull transducer. These 2 units are networked together.

Any insight would be appreciated. I plan to add airmar tm150 soon as well.

THanks,

2. Member
    If you never had structure scan on that Carbon 12 you'll have to enable it. Once you get a structure scan screen you'll see a menu item on the right side "Source" it should show the LSS1 and the SS3D as long as the 12 and 16 are networked together or both are connected to the 3D module. It's been a couple of months since I've even used my stuff but "I think..." it's press the pages button [system] [settings] [advanced].... that's as far as my o'l memory will take me at this time.... But that will get you close.... stumble around a bit drilling down on various menus and you'll eventually find where you can enable/disable features. Look for structure scan and enable it. Depending on how the transducer is mounted you may have to flip left/right side scan. If the cable is up against the transom or facing forward you're good to go. If the cable is on the back of the transduer go into advanced settings on the structure scan page and flip left/right.

3. Member
    StructureScan is enabled on the front graph. I have the lss-1 plugged directly into the carbon 12 not via a module. When in structure scan screens the sources are "this unit" or "SS3D". How so I get the carbon 12 to recognize the LSS-1 Transducer? I can not get this to happen in sonar installation. When I try to configure source 2, Lss-1 is not an option to pick. Only HDI, or StructureScan options.

4. Member
    You do not have to go thru the installation menu for the LSS-1. The installation menu is only for ducers connected to the blue sonar port. However, you will have likely have to instruct your Carbon where to get its SS/DS signal. In your case, it would be "this unit".

5. Member
    Thanks everyone, now to find an Airmar tm150.