Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What is coming next?

I think that each year there are new innovations. Does anyone have a crystal ball as to what is coming next year? Perhaps not only Garmin, but Hbird and Lowrance? Little micro advancements or something as revolutionary as Livescope?

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Good luck finding out info......Garmin is pretty good at keeping secrets, Lowrance the cat is always out the bag and HB, not sure....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I hope the next scope it tell the species of fish.

4. Member

5. Member
    We already have a sticky thread at the top for requests for software updates. So use this for hardware ideas. And in case you are not aware, Garmin does monitor this board, so you never know.....They may really do it.

My list would include:
    1. Update PS30 to LiveScope quality with full 180 view.
    2. Force V2.0 with 12 pin cable running through shaft and waterproof connector in nose cone. This would require some alternate versions of choice transducers with a very short cable and connector.
    3. Do as good a job on LVS cable managment for the Force as they did eliminating interference, eliminating liklihood of cable breaks from flexing. I've fried my brain on this and wish I could make an intelligent suggestion as to how to do this. It's beyond me. There's got to be a better way.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

6. Member
    I like #1. Imagine the price and processing power needed for that though!

7. Member
    I'd like a Livescope with an adjustable beam, say like 10 to 40 degrees just like the PS30 or PS31 have.

8. Member
    I like Leonard's list. I was in Olathe yesterday working with an engineer on some updates. I told him that several of us were wondering what could possibly be next. Couldn't get even a hint out of him!! :)

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

9. Member
    My guess is in 2 years - garmin will come out with an even clearer image than lvs 32 and about that time Lowrance will come out with system that can equal the lvs32 quality.

10. Member
    Sorry, can’t tell ya.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SamMule View Post
    I like #1. Imagine the price and processing power needed for that though!
    with 3D, I hope

Im a big supporter of 3D and think its time will eventually come when it’s implemented better.

12. Member
    I would like to see something similar to FishReveal / smart target view for ClearVü.
    Ranger, Z520c with Mercury, 250 Pro XS
    Garmin & Minn Kota

Quam's Marine, Stoughton, WI

13. Member
    Maybe for the force tm have a live scope transducer mount that stays pointed where you want it when the TM is turning.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Binder View Post
    I would like to see something similar to FishReveal / smart target view for ClearVü.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by daiwshi View Post
    I'd like a Livescope with an adjustable beam, say like 10 to 40 degrees just like the PS30 or PS31 have.
    Agreed!!!!

16. Member
    The 180 feature would be incredible! Is that likely, due to needed processing power? Also, let’s expand downview!

17. Member
    I'm hoping for a locator that can tell me how deep it is. Probably won't be a Humminbird Humminbird
    Please release me,let me go.

Live scope that tells you what the fish are bitting!
    If we can’t catch fish with what’s on the market now we need to find a new hobby! After Panoptics hit the market I have seen no need for anything else. Panoptics was the missing piece of the puzzle. Good maps, great 2D and Panoptics/live scope is all I need. Better definition, larger screens that don’t wash out in the sun would be nice. Maybe Apple Car play type voice commands to compliment the touch screens. Heck, my Go Pro works with voice commands. That’s all I got!
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

LiveScope with a wider beam, better clarity and 3D. Basically, the ability to wipe out all fish on earth.

Scanning sonar has been around for a long while. Maybe Garmin can work that into live scope? It would minimize rotating the transducer as it would roughly cover 180 degrees.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast