HDS Gen3 2d and side/scan down scan random issues

HDS Gen 3 Upgraded to a larger unit (not new, but tested to be in working order). Same connections, same transducers (in hull and Lss2), same settings (exporting from old and imported to new). 2d works 10% of the time and side/scan down scan works 80% of the time. So its not like it just doesn't work. see pictures attached. This unit is at the console. 18.2 software version

The HDS7 sample shows my smaller unit working. Then the next are from the larger unit same model. you see it working fine then a blob comes in on 2d and takes completely over the water column then it eventually just goes completely crazy as side/scan down scan still work. Then at times that goes out too. They are separate transducers. I was told it may be a voltage issue. I'm wired straight to battery and through the on/off switch at the console. Does a 9 pull that much more than a 7 to cause this issue? I had this issue since i got this graph. Just trying to eliminate problems on my end. It seems either the sensitivity or color line gets lost . Side scan turns purple and has breaks. I tried a soft reset but not a hard reset yet. Need to get waypoints off. I got a buddy with an elite Ti to swap graphs to test.

working HDS7
    HDS7 sample.jpg HDS9 working HDS9-working.jpg HDS9 blob coming into screen HDS9-2d blob starts.jpg HDS9 blob continues HDS9-2d blob takes over.jpg blob takes over HDS9-2d issue.jpg

2d totally crazy HDS9 full sonar.jpg all sonar goes HDS9-nothing working.jpg

2. Member
    Check which 18.2 it is using and make sure it is the latest - and do a hard reset without importing settings after the reset.

3. Member
    Update to situation.

On the latest version of software. Did a hard reset and started from scratch. That seem to fix any issues with the side scan, but 2d sonar is the same. I started to believe there maybe an issue in the bilge where the transducer is at.

The one thing that still got me worried about this graph is all day is was losing depth randomly. And the sonar is set to use the 2d ducer's depth and the side scan is using the structure scan depth and both would lose depth randomly. Just don't have confidence in this unit. I'm working with lowrance and they seem to think its just bad settings.