95 200 XRI Fuel filter

I switched from a Johnson 150. I have all the rigging done( serial number 0G104371) and am about to change fuel lines. Do I need this filter in the bilge, and if so what's the right filter. There is one under the motor cowl and I already have a the new one.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jdwelding; 09-11-2019 at 05:57 PM.

2. Member
    Mercury does not recommend additional fuel filters and the spin off on the engine is all you need. Your serial number is likely 0G104371 as the format is digit, letter, 6 digits.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

3. Member
    +1
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

Looks like a water separator to me. I have used one in my boat since the ethanol started.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 123trentm View Post
    Looks like a water separator to me. I have used one in my boat since the ethanol started.
    Yes, it is. I called it a fuel filter by mistake.
    At any rate I put the new one on under the cowl and can't get the sensor wire back on. It doesn't seem pliable enough.

6. Member
    The OE under cowl spin on is a fuel/water separator and filter in one unit. No need for an additional external one.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax