Question More Redfishing...

My dad is getting older and my brothers and I want to start taking a fun trip every year with him. I am the oldest so I am in charge of booking our first trip. With that being said, I want us all to go fishing for redfish and maybe specks. I've been several times (with a guide out of the Lafitte area), but they have never been. I really would like to go out of the Buras/Venice area on this trip. What is the best time of year to do this and be able to catch a lot of reds? Is there another area that would be just as good as Buras/Venice? Also, I saw the other post with some guides listed - are there any more guides you might recommend to go out with? Thanks in advance for any information you can give me.

2. Member
    I just booked a trip with Big Dog in Lafitte and the next day with Venice Guide Service in Venice. We go down next month. They say Oct and Nov are good months. Never fished for Reds, we shall see.

3. Member
    I live down here so I’ve never used any guides. Oct and Nov are good down in the Venice area. Bass fishing also gets much better at this time as the river calms down and clears. Shouldn’t be a problem for reds. The guides should be able to put you on the specs too.

Jon Carter is a friend of mine. He runs Reelshot Guide Service. Check it out on Facebook. Absolutely slams the reds and specks year round. Lately they have been catching loads of both! 504 615 0614
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!