Thread: Hydro plate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Think we went to the same school!

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TobyG.Mo View Post
    I’ve never had one but thought about it, what are the advantages of one? I have my prop at about 1.5-1.75 below pad now and I’m not sure going higher has any advantage (tm lower), don’t know about going lower. Can someone tell me how/ what purpose it would serve?
    It gives you a flexibility. Say you load the boat with fuel, live wells full, coolers full and a 220lb co-angler with 15 rods and 3 tackle bags. Maybe lowering the prop a little keeps you from struggling to get out of the hole. Next day you decide to hit the lake by yourself, now you can adjust the prop shaft back up to where you normally keep it. No wrenches required... Dan

3. Member
    That's a plus!

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet 250 View Post
    That's a plus!
    But is it a $1500 plus... That's what you have to ask yourself... Plus your old plate will only bring you a $100+ if you can sell it... Dan

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    It gives you a flexibility. Say you load the boat with fuel, live wells full, coolers full and a 220lb co-angler with 15 rods and 3 tackle bags. Maybe lowering the prop a little keeps you from struggling to get out of the hole. Next day you decide to hit the lake by yourself, now you can adjust the prop shaft back up to where you normally keep it. No wrenches required... Dan
    I found that to be the opposite , heavy load I would jack my motor up as far as it can go then as soon as on plane start to drop it back down to your correct water pressure , when running in big time turned up water I would bury the motor so the prop is in cleaner water.
    With a hydraulic plate you can get on plane without ever having the bow point so high you can't see ... it is just some seat time then you don't even have to think about it you just move the motor up and down when needed.
    No disrespect Dan just saying how it works for me.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by av View Post
    I found that to be the opposite , heavy load I would jack my motor up as far as it can go then as soon as on plane start to drop it back down to your correct water pressure , when running in big time turned up water I would bury the motor so the prop is in cleaner water.
    With a hydraulic plate you can get on plane without ever having the bow point so high you can't see ... it is just some seat time then you don't even have to think about it you just move the motor up and down when needed.
    Same here

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by av View Post
    You could be right. I've never had a hydraulic plate on a Bullet... Only heavier hulls... Dan

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    You could be right. I've never had a hydraulic plate on a Bullet... Only heavier hulls... Dan
    My Triton works the way av posted, have no idea about a Bullet, hope to find out soon !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12