1994 mercury 200 offshore cooling issues

Hi my name is django and new to this forum and I am having cooling problems with my outboard. My serial number is 0g060104. The boat sat for about 8 months with out being run in the water just the clam shell while working on a no start problem which turned out to be a bad ignition switch causing a no start. clipped the kill circuit wire problem solved. I took it out labor day weekend and idled fine reved up got on plane wot 15 mins later over heat alarm. Shut it down went to restart. Started then stalled again about 5 times wouldn't restart without it being throttled up. Once started would idle fine until got back up on plane to turn around alarm again. Had to idle back to the dock but no alarm. Shows 1 psi of water pressure at idle about 12 from what I looked at while driving at wot but still getting alarm. I replaced the water pump last summer drove it down Hartwell to Georgia and back no problem. Have replaced the trigger on it thinking that was the no start issue also the lead were deteriorated pretty bad so needed it anyway. Took the poppet off no tears and seemed to move freely pulled the thermostats off checked those. They are a little crusty but not bad. Any ideas on this issue. And can someone point me in the direction for replacement parts for the poppet valve. Also wondering how the bleed system works and would it cause a overheat problem and also the vacuum switch on the sb head how does that work. Also I was running the boat with the ignition switch kill circuit clipped haven't gotten around to replacing that. Thanks for reading and hopefully a reply or two

2. Member
    always start at source the pump and all 3 gaskets , man if I was you I would go straight to EUROPEAN MARINE in GREENVILLE SC. , go there and ask for MR . WEED they'll fix you up, or check out v6 section one down with your ser number please sir more info there on yo engine, id still go to EURO MARINE though
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    What other info would you like?

4. Member
    ser number ???? there will be more info on engines like yours in the v6 section one down the list , again start at the source water pump and gaskets
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Member
    The serial number is posted and thank I will check it out