Thread: Arbuckle lake

Arbuckle lake

Im headed down the 4th of october. Not looking for pets just something to start with. More important water hazards

Beautiful lake, one of my favorite places on Earth. No real water hazards that aren't marked. A couple of points have rocks that extend out a little. Just don't cut it too close and you'll be okay.

The heat and a little health problem has had me grounded this summer, but I'll be getting back down there soon. So, I can't say what the water conditions are like. It's usually pretty clear...not gin clear but clean...unless there's been a big rain or turnover. The surrounding hills block the wind pretty good, so even the windiest days are not so bad except right around the open area around the dam.

http://www.swt-wc.usace.army.mil/ARBU.lakepage.html
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

3. Member
    Thank you. Tore up lower unit tonight so not sure if Ill be doing much fishing but still going

Planning on going there this Friday. I’ll report back.

5. Member
    Thank you sir

Went there yesterday and caught some on a buzzbait and pop r early. There are fish schooling in the creeks and if you are in the right spot you can catch them with pretty much any topwater you are throwing. Have a topwater tied on all day. Caught a nice smallmouth on a Ned rig and a few on a shakey head. Weather got stormy and had to get off a little after lunch. Water temp is 83 most everywhere. Have a Squarebill Crankbait, topwater, shakey head and a Ned rig tied on. Also a 1/2 -5/8oz. football jig on points and drop offs. Good luck.

7. Member
    Very nice thank you sir

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gabes1 View Post
    Went there yesterday and caught some on a buzzbait and pop r early. There are fish schooling in the creeks and if you are in the right spot you can catch them with pretty much any topwater you are throwing. Have a topwater tied on all day. Caught a nice smallmouth on a Ned rig and a few on a shakey head. Weather got stormy and had to get off a little after lunch. Water temp is 83 most everywhere. Have a Squarebill Crankbait, topwater, shakey head and a Ned rig tied on. Also a 1/2 -5/8oz. football jig on points and drop offs. Good luck.
    Just got my first bass boat and have a duck lease up north of Sulphur. Can't wait to bring the boat up there. Great info and thanks !
    2003 Triton TR186
    2023 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP
    Garmin Graphs and LS
    MK Ultrex 24v 80lb
    All Aboard Marine Transducer Pole
    Power Pole 8' Pro Series II Black
    2017 GMC Sierra 1500 All Terrain