Thread: Barren ramps

Barren ramps

Trying to find a ramp for a small 10 boat or so tournament this Saturday. There's a big tournament out of the point oliver ramp so trying to avoid that. Does Baileys point or the narrows marina allow public access? What other options would we have?
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

2. Member
    You also have the peninsula, state park and walnut creek. Peninsula would be my suggestion. You could take off at the mouth past the no wake buoys.

3. Member
    The club I fish uses the Narrows. Not the best ramp setup, but quite a bit of parking and I like that location on the lake.

4. Member
    Peninsula
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

Thanks for the input. Sent it on to our tourney director so he can sort it out
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson

6. Member
    2 tournaments going out of Point Oliver ramp. KBF state turnament and a large open tournament

Try to have your tourney start 15 minutes earlier than the two big tourneys.

It might give your guys a chance to fish where they want before the madness starts.
    "If It Ain't Broke, You're Not Trying"- Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpcard View Post
    Try to have your tourney start 15 minutes earlier than the two big tourneys.

It might give your guys a chance to fish where they want before the madness starts.
    He posted on the 9th that the tournament was this saturday so that means it was the 14th which has come and gone.

Speaking of Barren tournaments, KBF had their two day state championship 9-14 and 15. Does anybody know the results. I can't find anything on their website regarding results or maybe I am just overlooking it on their website because I don't see anything on the KBF website regarding state championship results.

Quick report on our tournament. We ended up launching out of the narrows. No one had a limit out of 12 boats but only 1 person was skunked. Right at 8 pounds won. I caught 2 over 15" for 5 lbs but never got the "slot" fish between 12 and 15. The fish were in less than a foot of water early but that was over after a couple of hours. I had two good bites in a brush pile about 20' late in the day but couldn't get either of them out. I fished mid lake around the state park mostly. Beautiful lake.