2002 Mercury 60 hp four stroke Bigfoot, ELPT EFI

This motor is on a boat I want to buy and have a deposit down on. I was expecting the motor weight to be 264 lbs based on NADA guides and prior research. I asked the seller for the serial # so I could check history and he sent me a picture of the sticker on the motor. It shows serial # OT490959,2002 60ELPTEFI, max rmp 6000, hp-60,LB 303.

I haven't been able find an answer with online research. Maybe I can find on here from the good people of BBC?

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Built 9/06/2001, and it is a Bigfoot (newer engines call it "Command Thrust") version. Those are heavier-
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 09-11-2019 at 05:20 PM.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    I called Mercury directly today and gave them the serial #. Even they said it weights 264 lbs, not 303 lbs. All they could guess is that the 303 is with all fluids and a stainless steel prop. Said they don't do the placards anymore.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    The Service Manual lists (Page# 1A-2) that the 40/50/60 EFI (Bigfoot) was indeed 264 lbs. That definitely makes me wonder where that "303" comes from (I've seen the 264 figure in two different manuals now so I'd have to agree with them).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor