Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    So can someone school me on what the benefits of the new(ish) I phones are. Im still on a 5s and will admit that its on its last leg. Im NOT buying a brand new phone but do see online where I can buy refurbished 7's or 8's in the 200-400 range. Is there that much difference between say the 8 compared to the 11 or whatever. I know they are coming out with 5G but my guess is that wont be widely available for a good while.

I will say my phone has been reliable. I found that going with a lifeproof case it definitely worth it even though they arent cheap.
    If you go to the Apple store they have a video explaining all the changes. I have a 7 and won't be upgrading until the 5g model comes out unless my phone has an issue. Now you do get Apple TV free for a year but not worth a purchase for the 60.00 cost of that service.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroZ7 View Post
    If you go to the Apple store they have a video explaining all the changes. I have a 7 and won't be upgrading until the 5g model comes out unless my phone has an issue. Now you do get Apple TV free for a year but not worth a purchase for the 60.00 cost of that service.
    Will there not be an update available for the 11 to go to 5g?

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bayouXpress View Post
    i'm sure i'm in the minority and can say i've never ever had a single iphone.
    Never had any Apple product!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonMan250 View Post
    Will there not be an update available for the 11 to go to 5g?
    I'm not sure if 5g requires certain hardware or if it can be made compatible with a software update. That is a good question.

5. Member
    So I havent been keeping up with all this 5G stuff. Is this mainly for people who are using ATT to stream data into their homes as their main internet source. I mainly just use my phone data for mapping and radio. I cant really say ive had many issues. Maybe there is something im missing. Man stuff changes fast.

6. BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    So I havent been keeping up with all this 5G stuff. Is this mainly for people who are using ATT to stream data into their homes as their main internet source. I mainly just use my phone data for mapping and radio. I cant really say ive had many issues. Maybe there is something im missing. Man stuff changes fast.
    For what you do the 7-8 would be perfect.

As far as 5g that’s a hardware thing. Current phones won’t be able to update.

Non issue for the vast majority of the country at this time though. Most carriers only have it in a handful of cities

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BasserJim View Post
    For what you do the 7-8 would be perfect.

As far as 5g that’s a hardware thing. Current phones won’t be able to update.

Non issue for the vast majority of the country at this time though. Most carriers only have it in a handful of cities
    Okay thats kinda what I was thinking. Gives me a good idea of what I need to shop for.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234