Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    I bought the first one back in 2007, right after they came out. They were 600.00 for a whopping 8G of memory. I still have it and it still works if I want to stream music through it or just play the music that's stored on it, 12 years later. Yep they are total pieces of garbage.
    Too bad you didn't leave it in the sealed box!

2. Member
    It's an upgrade year for me and I'm liking what I see as I listen to the keynote. They're saying 4-5 hours longer battery life than the XS. Finally, they're including a fast charger in the box too. I really wish they'd add a 5G chip this year, but I'm assuming that won't happen until next year. The keynote isn't done so maybe they'll surprise me on that part. Also, might be time to upgrade my watch to get the always on display.

3. BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dylanl View Post
    It's an upgrade year for me and I'm liking what I see as I listen to the keynote. They're saying 4-5 hours longer battery life than the XS. Finally, they're including a fast charger in the box too. I really wish they'd add a 5G chip this year, but I'm assuming that won't happen until next year. The keynote isn't done so maybe they'll surprise me on that part. Also, might be time to upgrade my watch to get the always on display.
    The rumored new battery size/life is the entire thing that was drawing me in. I'm intrigued by the new color too

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    I phone 6 for me...would like a new phone but not dropping 1000 bucks for one and not making stupid phone payments. So it will either be used or refurbed when the time comes.

I've been tempted to take my 6 to the apple store for a new battery and keep on trucking.
    You don't have to take it to an apple store, any cell phone repair place can swap them. I walked into the repair place, $50 and 30 minutes later I had a new battery. My battery was in such bad shape that my iphone would go from 100% to 10% in 5 minutes and then shut off 20 seconds after it hit 10%, but now it's like new again.

I'm holding out for 5G before I upgrade again. Just not enough new features to justify spending the money for me.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

5. BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bschwoep View Post
    You don't have to take it to an apple store, any cell phone repair place can swap them. I walked into the repair place, $50 and 30 minutes later I had a new battery. My battery was in such bad shape that my iphone would go from 100% to 10% in 5 minutes and then shut off 20 seconds after it hit 10%, but now it's like new again.

I'm holding out for 5G before I upgrade again. Just not enough new features to justify spending the money for me.
    iPhone 11 Pro Max has 5 extra hours of screen on time vs the XS Max. Thats 15+ hours of screen on time. It's incredible. That's what I'm looking for.

6. HYDRA SPORT LS205 225HO JER-1 BIG BASS's Avatar
    iPhone 6 plus just fine here till it breaks.
    wife and I had iPhone 6 each, dog bit her screen cracked it.
    got her new iPhone 6 Plus bigger screen, she told me I might as well get the bigger screen also. Helps a lot since I lost vision in my right eye.

????????
    Why is there a tiny pic ad under every post, been hacked???????

7. Member
    I still like my 2-3 year old Sansung android and it has a back button

8. Member
    Go for it man if that's your thing phones have too much tech for me I am still on a Samsung 9 I know nothing about .
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

Quote Originally Posted by csurp View Post
    It has a back button because it needs a back button to go back:)

P01135809

Still on my Galaxy S7...might be upgrading to the 10 soon. I used to get hyped up about all the fancy new electronics but its really all the same stuff. Nothing earth shattering enough for me to overpay to have something before everyone else. Well, unless it's fishing gear

11. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JER-1 BIG BASS View Post
    Why is there a tiny pic ad under every post, been hacked???????
    cuz tinypic is toast and that is where you had your siggy hosted..
    you need to edit your BBC signature..

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

12. BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AveryF View Post
    I'll stick with what I've got for now. I've got an iPhone 6S that I've had for three or four years that still works just fine. I had some battery issues about a year ago but replaced the battery with a kit from ifixit.com and have had no problems since then. Replacing the battery was super easy and much more economical than getting a new phone. My problem is that I seem to drop one in the lake while fishing every couple of years and have four iPhones in three different lakes scattered throughtout north Alabama. Fortunately, I haven't lost one in the past three or four years (knock on wood and fingers crossed but I bet I'm jinxed after saying that!!).
    Mines high $$$$ sunglasses but I feel your pain!

13. BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by csurp View Post

A back button?

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kromer View Post
    for me it constantly drops calls. This is why I say it does not function well as a phone.
    Not only that but I always have to re-boot it as the ringer or email bells work inconsistently
    The newer devices have intel chips which have slower data and worse cell reception. They switched to intel chips when they took Qualcomm to court. That has been dropped and they will have Qualcomm chips in next years 5g models.

15. Member
    So.... Every time a new iPhone comes out they basically have the same software as the older one.. Never understood someone getting a new phone every time they release a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by droptine View Post
    So.... Every time a new iPhone comes out they basically have the same software as the older one.. Never understood someone getting a new phone every time they release a new one.
    While its certainly not cheap, trading in on new models gets you top dollar on your one year old phone. I know some people just have to have the newest model but you can get a pretty high price on a current X. I think mine is worth $600 on the trade in program. It seems Apple is going to more of a rent it program, no interest, includes Apple Care, ability to trade it in every year for the latest model. I know on my X I was able to add Apple insurance on top of Apple Care.

17. Banned

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    Considering my last “free upgrade” cost 800 to get my 7plus I don’t think so
    I must have been right behind you in line. Same thing here. The days of getting a decent phone just for signing two year contract and service price staying the same are gone.
    Praying for a Cure

Quote Originally Posted by wildturkey View Post
    I must have been right behind you in line. Same thing here. The days of getting a decent phone just for signing two year contract and service price staying the same are gone.
    You can still buy flip phones.

20. Member
    So can someone school me on what the benefits of the new(ish) I phones are. Im still on a 5s and will admit that its on its last leg. Im NOT buying a brand new phone but do see online where I can buy refurbished 7's or 8's in the 200-400 range. Is there that much difference between say the 8 compared to the 11 or whatever. I know they are coming out with 5G but my guess is that wont be widely available for a good while.

I will say my phone has been reliable. I found that going with a lifeproof case it definitely worth it even though they arent cheap.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast