Waterfowl trips this fall anyone???

With the season just getting started just curious who is going on any trips to kill birds. I myself am going to Ny in a few weeks to kill geese. Will be the first time in 3 years, post shoulder surgery, to pull the trigger. I am finally fully ready and feeling the itch to put the smack down on some geese. I always find it fun to hear where your going to kill birds. I know a few go to canada and a few go south. So what's your big trip this year......

2. Member
    Leaving for Canada end of the month for a week.

3. Member
    A Wood I hope the hunting in NY is better than here at home has been. I have all but given up on waterfowl hunting in NH and my dog is not happy about it lol. I might take another ride up to Pulaski if I can ever get out from under work. Let me know where you are going and how it turns out.
    5 Short of a limit

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EJmagnum186-NH View Post
    A Wood I hope the hunting in NY is better than here at home has been. I have all but given up on waterfowl hunting in NH and my dog is not happy about it lol. I might take another ride up to Pulaski if I can ever get out from under work. Let me know where you are going and how it turns out.
    Haha I hear you. Hence the reason I drive 8 hrs to western ny. I kill more geese my first day there than in a season here.......

Heading to Reelfoot for two days in early Jan and then over to SE MO for the next three days. Never done a trip like this so it should be interesting.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

6. T Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    Heading to Reelfoot for two days in early Jan and then over to SE MO for the next three days. Never done a trip like this so it should be interesting.
    My last 3 trips to Reelfoot were pretty lousy - I hope you can time the weather right and have a good trip!

7. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Nope but have a few upland trips planned!

8. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    Hope there are more birds than last year. Real foot and Semo were really down on bird #s last year. We killed about 10% the birds we normally kill on a good year.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddy View Post
    Hope there are more birds than last year. Real foot and Semo were really down on bird #s last year. We killed about 10% the birds we normally kill on a good year.
    Roddy.. the weather matters a bunch. So far kind weather we’ve had( hot as Hattie’s lately),, like last year, really sucks.
    It needs to cool down a bunch to get get them down here. Best of luck to the OP,er.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddy View Post
    Everyone I heard of had slow seasons until late season and then it started picking up.

Just paid a deposit on a trip to Manitoba 2020.
    2014 Nitro Z7 150 Pro XS

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kycommander View Post
    Just paid a deposit on a trip to Manitoba 2020.
    If you have never been to canada you will be blown away. If you have you know what I mean. That sounds like a good trip.

13. Member
    Well I once again got to live my double life as a single middle aged dude who kills a bunch of birds.... spent 3+ days in NY chasing geese and it worked out as usual. Not like the normal this year with super hot weather and with ag being weeks behind normal, birds were all geeked out. But still ended up having a great trip and meeting some new friends along the way.

14. T Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by A Wood View Post
    Well I once again got to live my double life as a single middle aged dude who kills a bunch of birds.... spent 3+ days in NY chasing geese and it worked out as usual. Not like the normal this year with super hot weather and with ag being weeks behind normal, birds were all geeked out. But still ended up having a great trip and meeting some new friends along the way.

Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by A Wood View Post
    If you have never been to canada you will be blown away. If you have you know what I mean. That sounds like a good trip.
    It will be my first trip but the group I'm going with has been multiple times. I'm beyond excited.
    2014 Nitro Z7 150 Pro XS