Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar

Ionic Lithium Battery Sale

Last edited by DREWTICK; 05-21-2020 at 08:11 AM.
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

Are the 50ah batteries equal to group 27's when used in a 24 volt configuraion? Price for 2 50ah 12 volt, one 125ah 12 volt ( starting ) and dual Pro charger for all 3 batteries, thanks

3. Member
    I have been using the 50a (36v)for trolling and the 125a for cranking and love them. you dual pro, from what they have said will need to be sent back in to get reprogrammed. I have the minnkota presicion charge and all I had to do was put the setting AGM
    2020 BassChamps Central Lake Belton 1st - Feb 2
    2019 Media Bass Individual Champion - Richland Chambers Sep 7-8
    2019 CAST Champions - Sam Rayburn Oct 19-20
    2011 BassChamps East Region Champions-Sam Rayburn Oct 1-2

2020 Bullet 21XRS 2020 Mercury 250 ProXS 4 Stroke
    Texas Realtor
    Helping Texans buy and Sell their Homes

4. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster835 View Post
    Are the 50ah batteries equal to group 27's when used in a 24 volt configuraion? Price for 2 50ah 12 volt, one 125ah 12 volt ( starting ) and dual Pro charger for all 3 batteries, thanks
    I will PM you

to answer the question, YES. if you are doing ok with a group 27 currently, the 50ah will out perform any wet cell 27 and equal to or better than most 27 agms
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

5. Member
    Is the 125 alone enough to power graphs, poles, Ethernet hubs, and crank after 8 hours? All will the minn kota precision chargers charge these?

6. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hchamberlin1 View Post
    Is the 125 alone enough to power graphs, poles, Ethernet hubs, and crank after 8 hours? All will the minn kota precision chargers charge these?
    Absolutely, we have lots of customers running the 125ah for a cranking/electronics battery. I personally run one with 4 HDS units, 3d structure scan, sonic hub, poles, at least 3 gopros, 4 livewell pumps and sometimes enough lights to land a plane

the minn kota mk440pc and mk460pc are fine to use when set on agm

I can confirm it will outlast a X2 power/north star 31agm
    info@drewcraft.com

7. Member
    Is there a chart to display what cca mca and rc they produce

8. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hchamberlin1 View Post
    Is there a chart to display what cca mca and rc they produce
    They are deep cycle lithium and do not have a cca,mca, or rc rating
    they are rated on a 100h scale where most lead batteries are rated on a 20h scale
    they are capable of much higher ca than any lead battery but that is controlled by the the BMS
    which is maximum current peak and maximum constant current draw
    I will post the chart on the 125ah tomorrow when I'm in the office on my computer.
    info@drewcraft.com

9. Member
    Gonna be looking at getting these in the next month couple questions they will be going into a basscat p3 I fish tourneys pretty much every weekend will the 50ah last me a whole day will be running ultrex 36v

10. rjw11111
    Jmorris5725 I bought 100 amp hours for my 36 ultrex in 10 to 12 hrs fishing the lowest mine have have been is 86% and thats running 50% all day love the batterys use minn kota 440 pc to charge with no problems will be getting starting batttery when mine dies.

11. Member
    Can someone tell me the minimum I would need for this:
    No tournament fishing
    Rarely run 24 volt TM over 4 setting
    150 Merc Pro XS
    Never fish a full day anymore
    3 9" graphs
    1 power pole.

12. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    If just for your trolling motor, IMO, i'd say 50ah....

I just ordered a set of the 50ah from Drew (waiting for them to arrive at warehouse and ship out to me)......with a group of 27's i use now and in years before, i never ran them down to dead, and typically fish 6-8 hr day about 2-3 times a month....have a 24v Ultrex. For now keeping my AGM to run the rest of boat until i get more $$.
    Last edited by fishin couillon; 05-21-2020 at 12:53 PM.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

13. Member
    I got the three 50a for my troller and the 125 for my graphs from DREWTICK and they have been flawless. I have yet to run the trolling motor batteries below 60% and that was a ten hour day on the delta fighting wind and tide all day. On fishing a lake I have never ran them down below 79% and that was a fairly windy day and I fish a lot of off shore rock piles, set the Minnkota on spotlock into the wind and let it hold me there. As far as the 125a I don't see any way that you could run that thing down, I was running three graphs, live well and bilge pump and by the end of the day the Optimax had almost completely topped it off. They are great batteries and DREWTICK is a great place to buy from.

14. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by rjw11111 View Post
    Jmorris5725 I bought 100 amp hours for my 36 ultrex in 10 to 12 hrs fishing the lowest mine have have been is 86% and thats running 50% all day love the batterys use minn kota 440 pc to charge with no problems will be getting starting batttery when mine dies.
    I see story after story of people fishing hard all day on 100AH 36V worth of lithium and having 75%+ battery life left at the end of the day. The same style of fishing with a 50AH bank would result in 50%+ remaining at the end of day. Lithiums hold steady power all the way down to 0%, unlike lead acid, yet people seem to buy lithium AH's as if they were lead acid.

Has anyone actually killed a 100AH bank of lithiums fishing all day? It would seem next to impossible based on the collection of feedback I've seen to date.

If this is the case, people are throwing money away by getting a 100AH worth of lithium (unless planning to be away from a charger for 2-3 days at a time, which isn't too many people).

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by donmuffy View Post
    As far as the 125a I don't see any way that you could run that thing down, I was running three graphs, live well and bilge pump and by the end of the day the Optimax had almost completely topped it off. They are great batteries and DREWTICK is a great place to buy from.
    So, does that mean you could get by with smaller for those purposes?

Quote Originally Posted by bassburch View Post
    I see story after story of people fishing hard all day on 100AH 36V worth of lithium and having 75%+ battery life left at the end of the day. The same style of fishing with a 50AH bank would result in 50%+ remaining at the end of day. Lithiums hold steady power all the way down to 0%, unlike lead acid, yet people seem to buy lithium AH's as if they were lead acid.

Has anyone actually killed a 100AH bank of lithiums fishing all day? It would seem next to impossible based on the collection of feedback I've seen to date.

If this is the case, people are throwing money away by getting a 100AH worth of lithium (unless planning to be away from a charger for 2-3 days at a time, which isn't too many people).
    I think the real key is here is the reading on the gauge when the batteries are sitting or whether they're under load. I've seen lithiums die that still show a charge when not under load. When put under a load the "percentage" on the meter shows empty. That may be the readings that people are quoting. Not saying it's necessarily the case here, but when some guys describe how they use them and the amount of life left there are 3 possibilities: 1)What I mentioned, 2)They're "misremembering" how hard they used their trolling motor, or 3)The battery has more ah than rated. I'd like to think #1 is most likely.

To answer your question: Not 100 ah, but my dad does have two 36 volt 40 ah in parallel that he's killed before holding the boat below a dam with current going during a tourney.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

A buddy bought a set up from Drew .. He has the 50's , he sent me a picture of his battery life after nine hours in the wind using a Ghost on spot lock every time he stopped trying to stay on brush piles in the wind . Strong wind!! Was at 74 % .. Not sure I will ever need 100's . He does have a smaller 18 1/2 boat but I would think that it being lighter in the wind could actually use more power . I know I have owned a bunch of go fast boats and most of them being lighter would blow around more than some of heavier boats I have owned . I guess the trade off could be that it is using less energy to move it . Not sure but I will have a set in my next rig . Boat less ATM ,, just sold a Bass Cat and will be going back to the go fast world in some form,, missed the speed and storage ..

18. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    I would be happy to discuss your setups in detail and help you get the right batteries for your boat,, its all about your fishing style but about 90% are good with the 50ah on a 36v system, and on 24v systems it about 50/50 between 100s and 50s

feel free to call or text 910-722-0001, email me andy@drewcraft.com

info@drewcraft.com

19. Member
    Definitely depends on style of fishing. I have an old school pro series 70# 24V motorguide so I'm sure it's not as efficient as the newer trollers. I don't have Ionic as they weren't around or I didn't know about them when I bought mine but do have 2 50AH lithiums. I have fished 12 hrs hours several times on Toledo Bend with no issues. I think to fully take advantage what lithium offers, weight savings/ price, longevity, you should go down in AH when going lithium.

20. Banned
    Will these charge on a Minnkota Precision charger? I’m sure my Lynx wouldn’t mind getting some of the junk out of the trunk weight wise.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast