Ultrex pedal froze?

So trolling motor worked fine last time I used it. Today dropped trolling motor and pedal is froze. Prop spins but pedal is froze, remote or spot lock won’t turn it but you can turn the head by hand. What’s broke?

2. Member
    The sensor board is out in the foot pedal. Bring to ASC and they will change it out under warranty.

If the sensor fails it will still work fine with the remote, just went thru this a month ago
    Thank You Leon Pugh

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lpugh View Post
    If the sensor fails it will still work fine with the remote, just went thru this a month ago
    Thats what I’ve been reading on here but my remote will not steer it either.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lpugh View Post
    That is correct. However it is best you take care of the issue as soon as possible.

Mine did the same thing 2 weeks ago after flawless performance 2yrs 8 months. You could only steer by hand and the ASC i took it to said the sensor board was out but had to replace both boards before it would work again. Been out twice since then and works again.
    Mine would not work with the remote so thats probably why they had to chage out both the sensor and control board in the bottom of the pedal.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakey Head1 View Post
    Mine did the same thing 2 weeks ago after flawless performance 2yrs 8 months. You could only steer by hand and the ASC i took it to said the sensor board was out but had to replace both boards before it would work again. Been out twice since then and works again.
    Mine would not work with the remote so thats probably why they had to chage out both the sensor and control board in the bottom of the pedal.
    Mine failed twice. First time failed on the water but able to use remote. After replacing the initial board went out fishing and it failed again. They had to replace a 2nd different board. Fortunately, our ASC is only a few miles away but had to wait on part to be ordered.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

8. Member
    If it will not steer by the remote either and the footpedal seems froze, DO NOT try to steer it by forcing the footpedal, you will break the cables. Most probably, the wire between the control board and the plug in the steering module has either broke or come unplugged at the steering module.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

Ultrex Pedal Issue

Well i figured out what my issue was and the ASC that replace my boards and sensors in the pedal installed the right and left steering sensors backwards thats why my pedal froze when all the way back left or all the way forward right. Works a s good as the day i bought it now.

Attachment 376484

10. Member
    You did good to figure that out..
    1997 Ranger 482vs
    2013 150HO Etec
    Bassmaster Classic Edition