Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    Traffic is kinda heavy around West palm,research
    the hoas before buying some are sticky on trucks and boats.West Palm to Miami is a crowded ride.

2. Member
    Wellington traffic is bad and getting worse. Southern Blvd which is the main thoroughfare there gets bumper to bumper during peak times. The trip from Wellington to Miami is better than 90 minutes dependent on time of day. The good part is your are 30 minutes from access to south part of Okeechobee, 15 minutes from WCA 1 which is a gem of a fishery

3. Moderator
    What about Weston? I noticed its statistically one of the safest cities in Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by bassburch View Post
    What about Weston? I noticed its statistically one of the safest cities in Florida.
    Weston is ok, but pricey depending on your budget. Also look into SW Ranches, Pembroke pines, Coral Springs and Davie. All offer good access to major highways to get you to Miami. But like others have said the traffic is getting really bad down here especially in Miami...think LA . I grew up in Broward, so i am pretty familiar with locations. I am not a realtor so cant help you there...good luck.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

5. Member
    I signed my offer letter this week! I think I'll end up near West Palm Beach because I can't be too far from Miami... plus big O is nice and close.

I gotta sell my house and get a place down there by jan 1.

Is Wellington a decent place? I'll be making a house hunting trip soon.
    Look at Jupiter. It is north of West Palm beach and on the edge of the South Florida rat race.

6. Member
    They are trying to pass a no firearm in the city limits in Weston. Probably not going to go over well. Bunch of DB’s in that area.

7. Moderator
    Looks like I found a place in Lake Worth West of the turnpike. Now I just hope the HOA accepts me. They sure have a lot of requirements!

8. Member
    Looks like I found a place in Lake Worth West of the turnpike. Now I just hope the HOA accepts me. They sure have a lot of requirements!
    Good luck. You could not pay me to live in a HOA. If I ever win the Lotto I will start one though. Called redneck acres.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

Quote Originally Posted by ScottOz View Post
    Good luck. You could not pay me to live in a HOA. If I ever win the Lotto I will start one though. Called redneck acres.
    I assume you will allow cars on blocks in the front yard?
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Macsimus View Post
    I assume you will allow cars on blocks in the front yard?
    You bet. At least own a Boat, Truck, ATV off road machine. Fridge on the front porch. You can leave your garage door open for longer than hour. Condo commando will drive you nuts. It's the mouth of your house please shut your door. Drove my father in law right to mental hospital.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl

11. Member
    Sounds like your going to be my neighbor. What development?
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl

12. Moderator
    Isola Bella.

Neighborhood had a few sheriff's and police living in it, which I like.

We're renting for a year and will probably build so I can get the garage I want. Big garages in Florida are hard to come by.

13. Banned
    More horror stories about HOA's in Florida than you can imagine. Good ones are few and far between and bad ones will make your life miserable. When we were looking at buying a house, we had two requirements, no pool, and no HOA. No pool because they take time to keep up, time I would rather spend fishing or shooting. Plus your homeowner ins will be substantially higher with a pool.

14. Member

We're renting for a year and will probably build so I can get the garage I want. Big garages in Florida are hard to come by.
    There are some in the area. Need to look out west Loxahatchee, Acreage area Jupiter farms you will find more land and bigger garages or shops.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl

15. Member
    Isola Bella.

Neighborhood had a few sheriff's and police living in it, which I like.
    I see where your at. Smaller HOA for the area. Might be better. Good location quite out there. Your almost across the street from my Mother. South Florida National Cemetery
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl

16. Member
    My oh My,,, I just got out of a HOA that was tough, lawsuits and everything else. Enough to make you glad to leave a nice place!

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by macdavid View Post
    My oh My,,, I just got out of a HOA that was tough, lawsuits and everything else. Enough to make you glad to leave a nice place!
    For sure. I will never live in one. My in laws were sued a bunch of times. No money to fight. They should have been grandfathered in, built in 1978. Really believe they caused his mental breakdown and ruined his health. He passed 2 years ago.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl

18. Moderator
    I'm planning to fish the Costa and two BFL's on Okeechobee as a non-boater until I learn Florida Bass a bit better.

I'd love to find a club or team tournament as well. Anyone looking for a partner? I've fished tournaments for 20 years including the Elite Series as a co-angler the year before they nixxed co's. I believe I had something to do with that... ask me later.

I set a new personal-best this season with a 26LB 5 fish limit in a Minnesota tournament, followed by over 25LBs in the TOC, breaking 50lbs in two back to back tournaments! Not easy to do in Minnesota! Double W's.

I'm looking forward to figuring out Florida and becoming a tough competitor on Big O.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234