Champion Boat Hydro air pump

It looks like this subject get brought up a bit. I recently acquired a 1990 201 Champion Bass Boat. I'm trying to go through the wiring. The boat has 3 pumps in the back under the batteries. The bilge, fill, and I believe a recirc pump. Is it safe to say the "AERATE/FILL" switch turns on the same pump (fill)? Aerate would go to the timer and Fill would be a constant on. And the "HYDRO-AIR" switch under the motor control goes to the other pump (recirc)? I've had other boats with 3 pumps in the past. Usually they had Fill, Recirc, and bilge. No hydro.

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Aerate is the fill pump. Hydro is the recirculate. 1993 may have had a different timer setup, I had a knob that controlled "Percent Run Time" with selections for 25-50-75-100/Fill. The 100/Fill bypassed the timer

timer.JPG

1993 Bilge. Hydro pump is on the back of the livewells.

Last edited by Tx Champ; 09-09-2019 at 03:35 PM.

3. Member
    Thanks for the info. It looks like on the 1990 models all the pumps are in the back. At least on my boat.

4. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Have you got front & rear livewells? If there is one large livewell with a divider behind the seats, it should be like mine. If you have any pix of your bilge area, post them or email to txchamp@suddenlink.net.

5. Member
    I will send a picture the next time I take the batteries out. I do have the single large livewell with the divider.

6. Member
    My aerator knob just has a "MIN and MAX" on it. When I tested it, it actually seemed to work like a potentiometer and slowed the pump down. Not sure if it turns it off. I'll check it once I dunk it in the water.

7. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Riland View Post
    My aerator knob just has a "MIN and MAX" on it. When I tested it, it actually seemed to work like a potentiometer and slowed the pump down. Not sure if it turns it off. I'll check it once I dunk it in the water.
    That will adjust the pump run time. Do the Aerate & Hydro switches have Auto and Manual positions?

8. Member
    No, they do not have a manual or auto selector. I dropped the boat in the water. All pumps seam to work. The aerate dial slows and speeds up the pump. Not sure why. Possible bad timer.?