Odd Ultrex Issue--foot pedal locks up then unlocks

I have a 2.5 year old 80lb Ultrex Link. Have had no problems. In a tournament on Saturday, the foot pedal gets incredibly stiff and then just locks up. I know about the frozen foot pedal issue so I grabbed my remote and was able to steer through the remote. I check the pedal several times and it is very, very stiff if not frozen (I can turn it about 15 degrees by really pushing hard). About an hour after it all started, I instinctively tried to turn the pedal with my foot and everything was back to normal. Worked the rest of the day without issue.

Any advice?

2. Wacky Riggers / BBC SPONSOR rbarrow's Avatar
    The board in the foot pedal is failing. Take it to a warranty repair center and have it replaced. Outside of cables, this is one of the most common Ultrex failures.

3. Wacky Riggers / BBC SPONSOR rbarrow's Avatar
    And...you need to hurry as the warranty is about out (3 yr)

4. Member
    Thanks for the info. I figured that was the case. No service center in the area. Looks like I'll be taking a drive.

5. Member
    Change the steering sensor board. Some of the problems are because of ambient air temp.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

6. Member
    Thanks John. Wish I were closer to you. I appreciate all the help you offer.