2016 200 ProXs uses fuel.

S/N: 2B122037

It seems my engine uses more fuel than it should. Its on a 2016 Bass Cat PII. I have 3 friends with the same engine/boat set up, 2016,2017 and a 2013. Only one of the boats do not have dual console and power poles (2013). There is an obvious difference in fuel burn. I don't have a Merc monitor to give an RPM/MPG or other info. Its been noted by my buddies, and also while being tested for a different issue while at the BCB factory. They also mentioned the high fuel usage.

I will be replacing plugs. But it has always liked fuel. Otherwise I have Zero complaints.
    It runs and Idles great. Hole shot is instant and top end is strong. At 4500 RPM's fuel use is great. I guess best put, its normal. The PII is efficient at 45-50 mph. However the 5000-5300 range seems to lack a bit of umph. Once above that RPM is sucks the fuel fast.
    Maybe ECM??

Aprox hours: 110

Any thoughts or input on this would be appreciated.

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

Put a MercMonitor on your boat and you can see how much fuel is being burned at various speeds/RPMs. Mine burns 20gph over 60mph and half as much at 50 to 55mph. If the fishing sux and I want to burn some of the previous years fuel, I run it between 60 and 65!!

I would bet that your friends burn less fuel due to their driving habits.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

3. Member
    They have drove my boat and said the same. I do believe your correct. Until I get a monitor I won't be able to make a true judgement.
    But when Bass Cat mentioned it to me, it made me believe it want my imagination. Especially because I mentioned nothing to them about it
    It's in the upper RPM's where it sucks the fuel bad.
    Thanks for the input.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    DEFINITELY need to get Smartcraft on that boat. Also keep in mind there is a LOT more that goes into "fuel burn" than just "my two buddies boats don't burn this much".

Gear, Loading, Trim Angle, Boat balance, engine height/setup, prop, POLES, hull differences (just to name a few).

With Smartcraft (such as a L1 MercMonitor), you'll have some real numbers to work from.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Thanks Don! Will do!
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

I would also consider Mercury Vesselview Mobile as that shows GPH data! I dont even lookat my fuel gauge on my boat anymore.
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by b*******51 View Post
    I would also consider Mercury Vesselview Mobile as that shows GPH data! I dont even lookat my fuel gauge on my boat anymore.
    Thanks B*******51. That's actually what I am looking in to.
    Its funny that the site automatically does that to your username!
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs