How to eliminate "Prop Rattle"

Is there a Flo-torq 4 hub kit for a Yamaha 200 SHO motor, (instead of the Flo-torq 2, part#8M0075402)? I'm trying to get rid of "prop rattle when I idle in gear. Thanks

2. Member
    Does nobody else have "prop rattle" with 4 strokes?

3. Member
    I have never experienced it are you sure it’s torqued down the hub insert may have settled further after you initially installed it and ran it if it was mine I’d check to make sure the nit is tight
    2017 Skeeter ZX225
    12” Bobs Action Jack
    Dual Powers Poles

4. Member
    I have had two SHO's and not experienced this. I would first remove the cotter pin and see if the nut can be tightened a 1/4 turn or so. Replace cotter pin at new location and test.

5. Member
    I've torqued it a couple times, still the same. This is a new 4 blade prop. It doesn't chatter at all with my 3 blade FXP (rubber hub).

6. Member
    I hear a rattle coming off plane but I just think it’s a sound made by the water and motor

7. triton
    You may just have a bad hub kit, it happens but very seldom......I just checked my hub kit its a
    FLO-TORQ 11 # 835274Q 1.....hope this is what you were looking for ....

CARL MAYER
    SKEETER FX20 2016
    BARRYVILLE NY 12719

2023 FORD RAPTOR

8. Member
    Thanks Carl....My current hub kit is the Flo-torq II, part# 8M0075402 (my motor has the Yamaha 2-piece thrust washer). As far as I can find, the newer style Flo-torq IV kit (which is supposed to stop the chatter) is part #835271Q09.

9. triton
    What prop are you running Bob and did it come setup with the two piece thrust washer ?? This is a new one on me, as much as I switch
    props around I've never had chatter....I wish I could be more help, when you do get it figured out let me know what you did ..... Carl

CARL MAYER
    SKEETER FX20 2016
    BARRYVILLE NY 12719

2023 FORD RAPTOR

10. Member
    Hi Carl...I have a 2018 SHO 200hp. My FXP prop with pressed in rubber hub (Yamaha original 2-piece thrust washer) is fine, no chatter. I just bought a Razor 4 prop, which does what I wanted (better hole shot and mid range, top end right at 6000rpm), but has a LOT of prop chatter idling in gear, so I'm not using it until I cure it. Apparently the Flo-torq IV has built in "flex" which eliminates the chatter. I'm surprised more owners don't have my problem if they're using the solid Flo-torq hub, but I know most Yamaha SHO's are running the SHO prop which has a pressed-in rubber hub, so those ones would not be affected. Anyway, I'll definitely post it when I find the cure so it may help some others...

11. Member
    I had the rattle when idling my old 175sho. Once I started giving it a little throttle it went away.
    Brad Krone

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by triton View Post
    What prop are you running Bob and did it come setup with the two piece thrust washer ?? This is a new one on me, as much as I switch
    props around I've never had chatter....I wish I could be more help, when you do get it figured out let me know what you did ..... Carl
    I looked at my hub kit. The silver "aft adapter" fits really loose in the plastic sleeve and it's a different part number (8M0042201) than what the Quicksilver catalogue says ((826074Q1)...May be my problem??? If I can fine one in stock nearby I will compare them.
    Last edited by McQuaig; 09-14-2019 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by McQuaig View Post
    Thanks Carl....My current hub kit is the Flo-torq II, part# 8M0075402 (my motor has the Yamaha 2-piece thrust washer). As far as I can find, the newer style Flo-torq IV kit (which is supposed to stop the chatter) is part #835271Q09.
    So you are using the original Yamaha thrust washer with the flowtorq? When I ran a merc prop on my HPDI the adapter kit had a different thrust washer. If you haven't changed it, that might be your problem?
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilslure View Post
    So you are using the original Yamaha thrust washer with the flowtorq? When I ran a merc prop on my HPDI the adapter kit had a different thrust washer. If you haven't changed it, that might be your problem?
    Yes I use the original thrust washer plus the Flo-torq supplied spacer as per instructions...fits fine. This hub kit doesn't include a thrust washer.