Fishing Near The Franklin/Thompson Station Area

Hi, I'm new to the Tennessee board. It looks like I'll be spending a significant amount of time around the Thompson Station area in the near future (not exactly sure where yet). I'm not in the least bit familiar with fishing in the area. What are the best lakes for largemouth within 30 mins or so of there. If not that close then what are your recommendations? Thanks in advance!

Bump for a few more looks.

3. Member
    NiteBite-- Hi there!!! We live just outside of Spring Hill (Maury County side) and we have a camp outside of Florence and fish Wilson, Pickwick and Wheeler. You're probably looking at Priest or Old Hickory as the closest to Franklin , then KY lake couple hours west, and Tims Ford and Normandy towards the southeast a bit. My personal preference is one of the first three mentioned!!!!!

Be sure to look up Williamsport. 4-5 small lakes just outside of Columbia managed by TWRA. Best for small boats, but I did get my Javelin in there a few times.

5. Member
    Not many options right here in Franklin / Spring Hill. Closest is Percy Priest and Old Hickory. The best fishing is where you coming from. LOL.

6. Member
    The Harpeth has some good smally fishing if you wanna wade or canoe/yak. Otherwise it’s priest or old hickory.

Thanks for all the info, it's a lot of help!

8. Member
    I live in Franklin and fish a lot. Percy Priest is closest and where I go 90% of the time. I’ve fished Williamsport lakes a lot too, specifically Shellcracker. The downside there is that it is smaller and gets a lot of use. I’ve never tried it in the winter so it might be better then. They stocked it with Florida bass so generally catch bigger fish, but not large numbers. It’s also not very deep, probably 12’ at its deepest. I have been to all the others listed here, including the ones in Alabama, and while they’re great fisheries, Percy Priest is very good too, and closer. I like that it has everything, shallow bite, deep bite, river fishing too. Largemouth and good smallmouth. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by noahtn View Post
    I live in Franklin and fish a lot. Percy Priest is closest and where I go 90% of the time. I’ve fished Williamsport lakes a lot too, specifically Shellcracker. The downside there is that it is smaller and gets a lot of use. I’ve never tried it in the winter so it might be better then. They stocked it with Florida bass so generally catch bigger fish, but not large numbers. It’s also not very deep, probably 12’ at its deepest. I have been to all the others listed here, including the ones in Alabama, and while they’re great fisheries, Percy Priest is very good too, and closer. I like that it has everything, shallow bite, deep bite, river fishing too. Largemouth and good smallmouth. Hope this helps.
    Absolutely it helps. Thanks for the info!

10. Member
    And dont forget woods reservoir also

11. Member
    I’ve only been to Woods once and didn’t do well, that was years ago. I keep hearing good things about it. Would love to hear some tips on it.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noahtn View Post
    I’ve only been to Woods once and didn’t do well, that was years ago. I keep hearing good things about it. Would love to hear some tips on it.
    Fishing tough right now but in the next month will be getting back to normal. next time you go PM and ill try and help you. we fish a wednesday nighter there every week for the last 25 years

13. Member
    Will definitely do that.

14. Happiness is a Sporty! F150owner's Avatar
    There is also Cheatham lake and Barkley (both Cumberland River lakes). If you're close to Barkley, might as well head over to KY Lake too.

Allison XB21 2+2, Merc 250 ProXS, 1.62 Sportmaster, Hydromotive Engineering X-OB 29
    Excel 1751 Viper F4, Tohatsu 50 4-stroke, EZ-Trac trailer
    FeelFree Lure 11.5 Kayak