Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    What specific issues are you referring to?
    Not to come across brash but if one were to read this entire thread, there are several known issues stated. There are several threads on this board and others in regards to waypoint and map sharing on the GPS MAP series. One of the most respected members on this board LWinchester shares an account of his 8600 not sharing with his 1242. He stated he hopes it will be resolved via update. I feel that the GPS MAP lineup is bloated and prone to software issues right now. It amazes me that there are not more compatibility issues which is a testament to the commitment of Garmins Engineers.
    If I looked good in spandex and my boats paint had glitter, I’d fish for bass.
    Luckily the Crappie, Stripers and Tuna don’t seem to care.............. BigBry

2. Member
    Todd

Looking at a second unit. Were you able to get a compatibility list for gpsmap units? It appears waypoint sharing is the biggest issue.

Thanks

3. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I never have linked mine and don’t plan on as I only use scope for the front unit.I couldn’t tell you if it links or not.

4. Member
    I'm using an 8616xsv, 1242xsv and 942xs networked. I have no problems with waypoint sharing on these units, never have had. I just updated with the recent update and haven't checked to see if other previous issues I have had have been addressed. They are 1) G3 map doesn't share from 8616 to 1242. 2) LVS32 pointing icon doesn't show on 942. 3) ActiveCaptain every so often gets a little screwy with User Data Sharing to my phone. It says I'm not the owner of the boat. The fix is to reset defaults on the units and set it all back up. This is the most irritating issue.

All-in-all I consider that the benefits far out weigh the unresolved issues.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

5. Member
    A little knowledge can be dangerous. I'm about to demonstrate that. I just checked. The G3 map on the 8616 still doesn't share to the 1242. There is a nearby lake, Hiwassee, that Garmin ported the Navionics mapping to the G3. The G2 doesn't have the same detail. A couple of weeks ago I called tech support about it and they gave as the reason that both units had internal mapping. It's not a big deal as when I am on Hiwassee I'll just use the 8616 for mapping. I speculate that there is a workaround. I think if I downloaded Hiwassee to ActiveCaptain and then transferred it from my phone to the AC card, both units would pick it up.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

6. Member
    Anybody have a 7600 and 1242 that can confirm these two share waypoints?

Quote Originally Posted by puhlw View Post
    Anybody have a 7600 and 1242 that can confirm these two share waypoints?
    Support has been working on ethernet-sharing compatibility charts, and the final version should be available soon. Per the charts I've seen, yes the 7600 and 1242 will share wpts.
    Garmin Pro Team

Here is the compatiblity information:

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?fa...0Compatibility
    Garmin Pro Team

9. Member
    Answered my situation. Both units have preloaded charts so no sharing of charts. That's really not a handicap. It just dictates which unit I look to when I'm on one particular lake.

10. Member
    Thanks Todd and Garmin

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    Here is the compatiblity information:

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?fa...0Compatibility

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123