Port side TR186 access

Wondering if there are any excess tubes or pathways on the port side of my 2006 TR186. I need to run some direct wire up to my helix 7 at the bow because every time I start the engine it shuts down. I know on the starboard side just getting from the back up to the counsel was a chore, I’m wondering if on the port side if there are any feeder tube’s since I believe that’s where the heavier wire for my trolling motor is routed. Any suggestions on how to feed wire directly from the battery to the front of the boat would be appreciated. Thanks all.

I didn't think it was too hard to get a wire from the console to the back on my 186. I took the access panel off and pushed it back. Grabbed and and tied a string to it and pulled it back. It was a two man job though and I did chew up my arm a little on the raw fiberglass in there.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    I didn't think it was too hard to get a wire from the console to the back on my 186. I took the access panel off and pushed it back. Grabbed and and tied a string to it and pulled it back. It was a two man job though and I did chew up my arm a little on the raw fiberglass in there.
    Hi Bruce.... I Fished one wire from the console to the back and everything was so inner tangled I had one heckuva time, but I can get it done, I’m more concerned about from the bow to the console, how is that to access? How are you liking your new boat?

4. Member
    One thing to consider is interference. If you run your electronic’s wires too close to your trolling motor wires, there is a very good possibility you will get interference. I had an 03 TR186 & it was easier running wire from the console to the front than it was running it from the back to the console. However, it wasn’t bad either going from the back to the console.
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike

5. Member
    Thanks for the replies.... is it ok to run two Helix 7 units off the same power source? I am thinking I will tie into the existing power source I have already ran to the console for the Gen 2 unit to the Gen 3 up front. Will this work? I have a inline 3A fuse in place .

Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    Hi Bruce.... I Fished one wire from the console to the back and everything was so inner tangled I had one heckuva time, but I can get it done, I’m more concerned about from the bow to the console, how is that to access? How are you liking your new boat?
    Oh, my bad. I missed you said to the bow. I think it was easier. Once I got it into the starboard rod box I just pulled it up front the zip tied it to the wire that were already there. I don’t really recall the specifics which leads me to believe it wasn’t too traumatic.

And I am loving the new boat!
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    Thanks for the replies.... is it ok to run two Helix 7 units off the same power source? I am thinking I will tie into the existing power source I have already ran to the console for the Gen 2 unit to the Gen 3 up front. Will this work? I have a inline 3A fuse in place .
    Depends on the gauge of wiring used. If it’s just the minimum required for a single unit it may not be great. If you have heavy gauge wire running to a power block in the bow that is probably OK. At a minimum I’d have a dedicated fuse for each unit.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

8. Member
    That's why you should pull 12 gauge wire to the console then you could feed to the front from there. There should be an opening between the top cap and the lower hull that you can access from inside the rod box. It's above the carpet on the side.