New Shimano Poison Adrena - Any Feedback?

Considering that they've been available for a few months now there seems to be surprisingly few reviews on them. Just wondering if anyone owns any or has had the chance to fish with them. All I've heard so far is that they're really light. Really wondering how the power and action are for such light weight rods as I'm considering the 7'2" Heavy or 7'3" MH.

2. Member
    There is s thread on tackle tour talking about the rods and actions. It’s under the rids section

3. Member
    My local tackle shop got a few in and sold them instantly. I got to handle a couple of them though. Besides the weight, they don't seem all that compelling. I really don't like the handle material (it's VERY slick), but I get it because it cuts down on the weight and makes the rod insanely light. To me it they just feel like a Expride on a diet.
    I come from the land of the ice and snow.
    YouTube: PunchFishing

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Revofisher View Post
    There is s thread on tackle tour talking about the rods and actions. It’s under the rids section
    Thanks. I'll check it out.

5. Member
    I’ve got a 7’2 heavy and the 6’7 spinning rod. And yes. They are very light, they feel pretty good to me, I have no problem detecting light bites. I have my heavy paired with a tatula and really enjoy using it. My spinning setup is paired with an exist and it’s so light sometimes I’m afraid it may float right out of the boat.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon214 View Post
    I’ve got a 7’2 heavy and the 6’7 spinning rod. And yes. They are very light, they feel pretty good to me, I have no problem detecting light bites. I have my heavy paired with a tatula and really enjoy using it. My spinning setup is paired with an exist and it’s so light sometimes I’m afraid it may float right out of the boat.
    How's the action on the 7'2" Heavy? For the type of fishing I mostly do (vertically fishing moderate to very thick weeds), i prefer a a rod with a pretty fast taper going into a backbone that shuts off pretty much completely for maximum hooksetting power and to get the fish turned and coming towards me right away.

7. Member
    Do not buy them, save them for me .

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheWeeds View Post
    How's the action on the 7'2" Heavy? For the type of fishing I mostly do (vertically fishing moderate to very thick weeds), i prefer a a rod with a pretty fast taper going into a backbone that shuts off pretty much completely for maximum hooksetting power and to get the fish turned and coming towards me right away.
    I would say in my opinion that’s about exactly the way that rod feels to me. I usually throw a worm or a jig on mine and it’s got enough tip I can actually skip a jig with it, but when I set the hook it’s solid and the fish is coming towards you.

9. Member
    I love the new Adrena rods, I haven’t felt a blank this legit in a long time. They are becoming my favorite rods

10. Member
    Yes, the blank is legit. These are fantastic for the price. The full monocoque carbon grip heightens the overall blank through transmission over the previous generation. Adds a little something special imo. The handle does get slick when wet, and chilly when cold.