Banned

Ultrex on nitro question

I installed a Ultrex on my buddies nitro z9. The recessed area is small and I had to put pedal as close to the front panel as possible. The pedal stick when pushed all the down and when is pushed all the way back. Spot lock won’t work if it has to turn all the way in either direction. It gets stuck and spot lock turns off. Anybody else have this problem? Not sure I have the cables in a pinch or is there something else wrong? I did not think to take pedal out of recessed tray and try it while I was on the water

I now have that same problem, my Ultrex is from January 2017 and never had a problem for 2yrs 8 months and use my boat 100 + days a year until last week the circuit board and sensor in the foot pedal were replaced under warranty by an ASC repair shop. When spot lock is on and corrections are made to the limit of the pedal in either direction "forward or back" it sticks and spot lock kicks off and the pedal needs a little tap to free it.

If that pedal does not have a FREE range of motion it will kick it out of spot lock.
    Might try putting a spacer under the pedal until it will clear on both ends.

4. Member
    I had same problem with mine and had to use a spacer at front under pedal so steering cables would clear front bow panel. I didn't want to go through the expense of changing the recessed tray. The recess is wider towards the bow so need to move the pedal forward as much as possible to allow free movement. If you want a flat pedal install, need to modify the area or install different tray.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

5. Member
    If it’s an option for you contact Fish On Fabrication. He makes custom trays for the Z9 that will fit the Ultrex. Just put one on my Z9 and it fits great. Cheaper than store bought foot trays too.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ezfishn View Post
    I had same problem with mine and had to use a spacer at front under pedal so steering cables would clear front bow panel. I didn't want to go through the expense of changing the recessed tray. The recess is wider towards the bow so need to move the pedal forward as much as possible to allow free movement. If you want a flat pedal install, need to modify the area or install different tray.
    Not sure how high you have to raise the front up, but you should still be able to get a flat pedal, while running straight ahead if that's what you mean, by indexing the cables. Process is in the manual.
    1998 Tr-21, 2001 Yamaha 225 OX66

7. Banned
    What did y’all use for a wedge?

8. Member
    I used a piece of 2x4 cut to width of tray and carpeted:

IMG_0773.JPG
    Wes
    2023 Phoenix 818

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rat0502 View Post
    Not sure how high you have to raise the front up, but you should still be able to get a flat pedal, while running straight ahead if that's what you mean, by indexing the cables. Process is in the manual.
    Thanks, but not sure that could work with the front of foot pedal base raised up about 1.5" (about 15-20 degree slope). If you are always standing at bow fishing, it could be a problem but I'm always using a butt seat and maybe soon switching to a seat because of back problems (old age...LOL).
    Wes
    2023 Phoenix 818

Well i figured out what my issue was and the ASC that replaced my boards and sensors in the pedal installed the right and left steering sensors backwards thats why my pedal froze when all the way back left or all the way forward right. Works a s good as the day i bought it now.

Not sure if a new motor from the factory could have the same issue.

Attachment 376485
    Last edited by Shakey Head1; 09-12-2019 at 06:06 AM.