1987 Mariner 175 No Spark

1987 Mariner 175 serial# OB129682

No spark on cylinders 1,3,5
    Replaced switch box for theses cylinders. Should have replaced switch boxes for both sides but didn’t since I had a spare laying around.
    Replaced stator.

Ran great on first trip but started missing again on second trip to lake. Sometimes it would fire on all 6 so thought maybe it was a fuel issue.
    Seemed like a possible fuel issue so replaced primer bulb and line into motor. Replaced fuel filter. Primer bulb stays primed but still missing on 3 cylinders. When it starts missing and I lose 3 cylinders an intermittent beeping alarm goes off.

What components should I check before ordering 2 new switch boxes?

2. Member
    trigger fires opposite cylinders as it rotates
    DAVID HIGHTOWER
    CARTERSVILLE, GA.
    1998 TRITON TR-18
    EVINRUDE G2 150 HO

3. Member
    Isn’t there a certain “timing process” that has to be done when replacing trigger. I have no experience replacing a trigger but thought I read that you have to get the timing correct after replacing. How is that accomplished?

4. Member
    If ur not familar with workin on ur mota , get a manual, best friend. It's called a link and sync , get fuel and timin comin in at rite time , will need a dial indicator to do it , sounds like switch boxes if not replaced n pairs it's just matter if time , seems like 1 will kill the other if not n pairs,,

5. Member
    1,3,5 not gonna be a trigger, test voltage at both boxes from stator ,replace box that's not firing
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

6. Member
    Thanks everyone for the insight I really appreciate it. I will replace both switch boxes with new ones and go from there. Hoping the 2 new boxes along with the new stator will do the trick.

7. Member
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................