Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mine was a one piece not the 2 piece. The thrust washed on my motor was a Mercury thrust washer, since I ran it on my Pro XS.
    Here are a couple of pics:
    This one was posted by Bushwacker, which shows how far it sat out with both washers :
    Bushwachers prop.jpg That's the way mine sat with both washers. No way for that to work.

This was posted by Randy T:
    Thrust washer Randy T.jpg

mine looked like this with both washers. So I only used the thrust washer that came with the hub kit. Seems that the hub kit I used can be used with the one piece or 2 piece, whichever works, I guess. I also used the flat washer next to the castle nut. Torqued to 55 ft lbs. The 2 piece used a hub bushing also. With the hub bushing ( at the back of the prop) are torqued at 100 ft. lbs.

Also McQuaig, my thrust washer with the kit ( bronze color) doesn't have a number on it or in the instructions with the kit. And my kit did not have that hub bushing as yours did. Can't explain that one. Looking at the Flo-Torq III kit, it appears to be the same except the for the drive sleeve. I can also see where the rubber bushing may help with the chatter.
    Hope this helps explain my situation & doesn't muddy the water any more , no pun intended.

2. Member
    The thrust washer that comes with the kit is the one you use. Take the old 1 or 2 piece washer off before putting the hub kit on and use all the new parts that come in the box. Normally the forward bushing isn't in the kit with that number.

Quote Originally Posted by mdtritn21 View Post
    The thrust washer that comes with the kit is the one you use. Take the old 1 or 2 piece washer off before putting the hub kit on and use all the new parts that come in the box. Normally the forward bushing isn't in the kit with that number.
    That what I did. Worked fine.

4. Member
    ok, looks like we're talking about 2 different hub kits, (mine is 8M0075402) so I've attached a pic and install instructions to show exactly what i have. It all fits fine, and works, except for the chatter. No thrust washer came with this kit because, as instructions say, you use the Yamaha original one (part A). Part B "spacer" replaces the original SHO one. The "hub bushing" (part C) is hidden in the sleeve. (With this hub bushing, it's torqued to 100lbs.) What I do notice is the silver sleeve adapter fits pretty loose in the black sleeve...not sure if that's normal. Anyway I think I'm just going to move on and find the FLO-torq IV kit for my motor. Thanks for everyones replies.
    8M0075402.JPG

Hi McQuaig, Took my prop off today & took some pics. If you find a IV kit, let us know how it works for you.
    1. Hub Kit
    2. My Prop - complete
    3. With spline insert
    4. Hub pressed in
    5. Thrust washer

Flo-Torq II hub kit.jpg

Bravo 1 prop.jpgIMG_0428Hub with spline onsert.jpghub bushing pressed in.jpgHub with thrust washer.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

You're running the Razor 4. If that is Marks prop, I would ask him what to do and use. I would think if anyone knows that prop, he would.

7. Member
    tracer1 they make a hub kit for SHO's that have a single piece thrust washer https://www.mertenmarine.com/Flo-Tor...b-Kit-835274Q1

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tracer1 View Post
    You're running the Razor 4. If that is Marks prop, I would ask him what to do and use. I would think if anyone knows that prop, he would.
    Yes, Mark said to try a flo-torq IV. When I find one I'll post how it works.

tracer1 they make a hub kit for SHO's that have a single piece thrust washer https://www.mertenmarine.com/Flo-Tor...b-Kit-835274Q1
    OK, this is what is so confusing, to me anyway. My kit looks just like the one here, https://www.mertenmarine.com/Flo-Tor...b-Kit-835274Q1. There probably is a difference but I can't see it just from pics.
    Mine looks just like it. And I am only using what came with the kit. The thrust washer, sleeve, spline insert, flat washer next to the castle nut & cotter pin. Mine fits good, no chatter, go into gear about as smooth as you can get,
    So I'm just staying with what I have for now. "IF" it starts to chatter, rock & roll or whatever, I will fix it. period. Good luck to you Mcquaig, let me know how it turns out. Mine may give me problems down the road, or the lake I guess,
    and I never say never. Curious as to how it turns out.

10. Member
    You should be using only the one piece thrust washer that came with it if it's the bronze one. The other kit uses one old part and one new part.

11. Member
    I talked to the company Mark suggested for Flo-torq IV hub kit (835271Q09). They say it's not made for SHO's. So, I give up...when I get home later this week I will list the prop for sale...22" RAZOR 4, used about 20 minutes, works great...just not on my boat I guess.

You should be using only the one piece thrust washer that came with it if it's the bronze one. The other kit uses one old part and one new part.
    That all I am using at the rear, the bronze one.

Quote Originally Posted by McQuaig View Post
    I talked to the company Mark suggested for Flo-torq IV hub kit (835271Q09). They say it's not made for SHO's. So, I give up...when I get home later this week I will list the prop for sale...22" RAZOR 4, used about 20 minutes, works great...just not on my boat I guess.
    Hate to hear that Mc. I've heard the razor is a good prop. Make sure that hub is seat in about a 1/4" or more for the thrust washer (bronze one ) is completely seated. I know the IV is listed for up to 300hp but not a HO. The II is the only one listed for the SHO that I can find. Maybe try the Rubex hub 203X.
    Good luck

14. Member
    Hey Bob, If you happen to find a 203X, let me know. Find plenty of the 203 but not the 203X. The 203 goes up to 300hp but doesn't list the SHO. The 203X is the only one listed for the SHO. I don't have any problems with mine "YET", but who knows.
    I've looked all over online and can't find anyone who sells the Rubex 203X.

I know. I couldn't either. This is the one it calls for. Might contact Rubex & see if they know where you can get one.

200-250 HP VMAX SHO V6 N/A N/A RBX-203X 17015301 E

16. Member
    I can't even find a contact number for Rubex....geez....is it just me??

I know. I couldn't either. This is the one it calls for. Might contact Rubex & see if they know where you can get one.

200-250 HP VMAX SHO V6 N/A N/A RBX-203X 17015301 E

I sent them an email Mc. Hopefully they will get back to me.

Still no word from Rubex.......Great customer service, huh?

19. Member
    Yes, I know....I sent an email to one of their sites the same day as you and no reply. Also, I can't find anyone who sells them or knows anything about them....but thanks for trying

20. Member
    I'm going to keep this prop on the shelf for now, and try over the winter to find someone at Quicksilver or Yamaha who knows why they don't have a Flo-torq IV hub that fits the SHO...or maybe they will add one? When and if I find anything I'll post it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast