Thread: Jayco

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jayco

I think I have narrowed it down to the Jayco brand travel trailer! Would love to hear from those that have that brand! The construction appears to be very good the floor plan is much to our liking and they have 2019's they are willing to deal with!

thanks
    Rick

2. Member
    Don't own a jayco but in the rv world a 2019 is a year and a half old. They better be willing to deal. I would expect 50% off MSRP.

3. Member
    I have owned 7 different ones and Jayco is by far my favorite. As you stated the workmanship and quality is superior to many. When looking at the last one I bought it was a 100 degree day and I went in a bunch of different ones and the Jayco was probably 10 degrees cooler. That also helped influence my decision knowing the insulation was also much better that many.

4. Member
    we looked at a few before we chose our trailer, Jayco JayFeather X19H. The other brands just didnt compare as far as quality, craftsmanship, even "feel". I understand, its a trailer, made to be towed, "lived" in, lightest products etc etc.... we have had it for 3 years now, considered upsizing, (3rd grandbaby on the way..) but since its usually just the wife and I, its perfect...

I have owned 3 travel trailers and the last 2 have been Jayco's. My current one is a 2012 365BHS I bought used and it is perfect for my needs. I think Jayco builds one of the best. I don't pull mine as it stays on Guntersville year around so I can't comment on how it travels but it is built solid and I have had little maintenance problems with it. I don't think you can go wrong with a Jayco.

6. Banned
    The Jayco of the past (family Run) has been bought by Thor I bet quality has slipped some.Have not looked at any Jayco Rv's lately.
    Last edited by riverc; 09-11-2019 at 09:00 AM.

7. Banned
    The main trailer components all come from other manufacturers. Lippert, Dometic, Coleman, etc.

I have a 2019 32 Bunkhouse. We love it so far. The only thing i will caution you about is the outdoor kitchen is very susceptible to moisture and the wood swells. After they repaired mine (which only took less than a week at Camping World) I caulked all the edges and joints. I also added slide out covers to keep the leaves and debris off when I close it up. Feel free to give me a call if you have any specific questions. 678 478 4704

Don't be Dull, Let Your Boat Shine with Pro-Tec WWW.PROTECPRODUCTS.COM

9. Member
    Another satisfied Jayco owner. 2018 317rlok.20190827_195225.jpg
    2016 Phoenix 819 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Kenny

10. Member
    cat19 thanks for offering your phone number for help and all others! Very much appreciated!

We are on our second Jayco trailer, a Jayflight 28 BHS. We looked at a lot of other brands but many of them looked like there was very little thought put into how people actually used a trailer. Some of them had electrical outlets in the kitchen that came out of the cabinets above the counter. That meant there was a junction box taking up the inside of the cabinet. A lot of them had the television off at right angles to the seating.

Is there a particular Jayco model that you are looking at?
    Last edited by Olebiker; 10-02-2019 at 08:25 PM.
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

12. Member
    Jayco Jay Flight
    SLX 248RBSW
    We love the floor plan and like the slide out!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Perez View Post
    Jayco Jay Flight
    SLX 248RBSW
    We love the floor plan and like the slide out!
    That's a nice floor plan. One thing that is nice about the newer Jaycos is that they put Goodyear Endurance tires on them.
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

14. Happiness is a Sporty! F150owner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olebiker View Post
    That's a nice floor plan. One thing that is nice about the newer Jaycos is that they put Goodyear Endurance tires on them.
    I'm glad to see this. My 2017 Cameo came with China bombs (10 ply). I knew I was on borrowed time and had a blowout this past July. The tread separated and destroyed the fender sheet metal and skirt. In talking with my insurance agent, he asked why are they seeing so many of these repairs. I told him RV manufacturers have been putting on cheap Chinese tires which blow out. My camper dealer sees this all the time and there were two other campers besides mine waiting to have repairs done because of the cheap tires. I replaced the tires with a 14 ply tire that has received excellent kudos in the RV community. Endurance tires are going on my Allison trailer here in a few weeks.

Allison XB21 2+2, Merc 250 ProXS, 1.62 Sportmaster, Hydromotive Engineering X-OB 29
    Excel 1751 Viper F4, Tohatsu 50 4-stroke, EZ-Trac trailer
    FeelFree Lure 11.5 Kayak

15. Member
    I have a 2019 317rlok. We love it. A good dealer means everything. They all have issues. It's how your dealer handles fixing them that makes the difference. We have no trouble keeping it cool with two ac units. Tows great and is very fun to camp in. Hope you enjoy whatever you get.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by riverc View Post
    The Jayco of the past (family Run) has been bought by Thor I bet quality has slipped some.Have not looked at any Jayco Rv's lately.
    I can tell you since Thor bought Jayco the quality has improved a lot. I have worked at Jayco for 16 years and currently building front and back walls for the Jay Flight TT's. Every line at Jayco has added 3-4 quality control people in the last 2 years. Thanks everyone for the positive feedback on your units. Good company to work for.

17. Member
    I bought a 2017 Jayco 242 BHSW and absolutely love it.
    2004 Stratos 285 Pro XL 150 Johnson

Decided to pull two triggers this week. First, I’ll be retiring in April. Second, ordered my first camper. A Jayco Jay Flight 29RKS. It will be sitting on the shores of Lake Champlain starting in May. Love the floor plan, size and quality of construction we saw when we visited our local dealer. I’ll make more posts when it arrives and we have used it a few times.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Trooper View Post
    Decided to pull two triggers this week. First, I’ll be retiring in April. Second, ordered my first camper. A Jayco Jay Flight 29RKS. It will be sitting on the shores of Lake Champlain starting in May. Love the floor plan, size and quality of construction we saw when we visited our local dealer. I’ll make more posts when it arrives and we have used it a few times.
    congrats from the west coast!
    Nelson

20. Member
    Congrats on the RV and retirement. Work ia a four letter word.
    Have any of yall thought that a travel trailer/5th wheel is lodging subject to thousands of miles of tropical storm/ hurricane force winds of 60-75 mph or greater, and depending on the road conditions and pot hole depths very high earthquake forces? They may all be built better than we think.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast