Dale Hollow Next Week

Hi All-

I’m taking a houseboat trip with the wife and some friends for the week on Dale Hollow. I’ll be bringing my boat to tow along and plan to do a little fishing/boating with the wife. I’ve never fished there before, so I was hoping someone could give me some pointers or anything to watch out for.

I’ve done some internet research already and it seems like to get the right bites, you better be fishing at night with jigs, spinnerbaits, etc. I’d like to put my wife on some fish, even if they’re small and maybe even a few walleyes. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

-Alex

I'm thinking you're still going to have to fish at night. Coming up on the full moon so they'll most likely be feeding at night including walleye. Supposed to be hot too. I'm sure you'll have a good time regardless.

PM sent
    97 Stratos 288
    175 Evenrude Intruder
    Humminbird electronics
    Garmin electronics
    Fortrex112
    2012 Ford Lariat 250

4. Member
    With this heat, you need to be fishing at night. Jigs and spinnerbaits at night will work, but I prefer plastics. I like a tube worked down steep points or on steep banks working the ledges. Also, if you're just wanting to catch some fun fish, head up to the dam and drop some night crawlers down for rainbows.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

It is tough right now good luck. For sure fish at night.
    99 Ranger 217 Cherokee w/115hp Evinrude

Good luck on your trip Alex and hopefully my buddy can help you with some information
    97 Stratos 288
    175 Evenrude Intruder
    Humminbird electronics
    Garmin electronics
    Fortrex112
    2012 Ford Lariat 250

7. Member
    I really appreciate all the help and advice. I like the idea of crawler fishing for trout if things get tough or during the day, so my wife gets into some fish. I doubt she’ll be going out at night with me. Thanks and def open to other ideas!

8. Member
    That lake is full of Walleye, we have been limiting out every time we. Were jerking spoons about 20-30 feet of water while slow and I mean slow trolling around points with a submersible green light in the water. Ask anyone at a local bait store they will tell you where they are hitting.
    Respect no wake zones, Evinrude guys need a place to race too ;)

9. Member
    Be sure to get a trout license if you go after them.

10. Member
    Hey All- thanks for all the help and tips. We just got back last night and had a great time. The weather didn’t feel like a break from the Florida heat I’m used too, but it was still a fun time. The houseboat made it easy to spend a lot of time out on the lake. I never did any true “night” fishing, but did fish every morning/evening. I ended up catching a bunch of spots and largemouths on topwaters and even caught some smallies. Best we’re 20” & 19” smallies followed by a 18” spot (all topwater). I found some deep cranking and on dropshots, but they were really chasing bait high in the water column each low light period. The trick for me was finding the right topwater for commotion and size...ended up working out really well. Thanks again everyone and have a good day.

11. robdy72
    Glad you had a good time and good to hear that the top water bite is happening.