Prop advice for mercury 115 4 stroke

I’ve got a 2014 Lowe stinger 195 with a 115 merc 4 stroke. Currently I have two props, a 19p solas that has two slightly bent ears and a 22p laser 2 that’s been cupped.

With the 19p prop it only runs about 38/39 at WOT while turning 6400/6500 rpms. I’m pretty sure that I’m running too many RPM’s with this setup. Boat doesn’t feel like it’s lifting well, burns fuel like crazy and doesn’t feel like it’s getting good lift.

With the 22p laser 2 I’m running 42/43 WOT while turning 5600 rpms consistently. In turns it gains rpms, nothing crazy about 50/100 rpms depending on how long I stay in the turn. My hole shot does suffer slightly but nothing that I am worried about, it does have large PVS plugs in it and I am a rookie when it comes to those. Also this prop holds turns better than the solas prop.

All my RPM’s come from my vessel view mobile monitor I keep pulled up while running and my speeds come from the garmin unit I have. My real question in all of this is what direction I should go with the prop. I know on all my smaller outboards it always ran better the higher I got in the suggested rpm range so I feel like I should get as close to 6k rpms as I can. I personally don’t know much about how much cupping a prop affects RPM’s, I’ve been told by one person locally to get a stock laser 2 22 pitch and it should gain about 100/200rpms by not running the cupped prop I’ve also been told the cupping makes minimal RPM change. I know these boats aren’t speed demons, I’m not expecting major speed gains but I would like to get the best performance I possibly can out of the boat currently I don’t get that feeling with either prop. I’d appreciate any advice as I’m new to anything over about a 50hp tiller motor we use on small hunting boats, thanks.

2. Member
    I would try to find a 20p Lazer II with added cup to try. You will need some cup in the prop to help hook up better and prevent any porpoise. A 19p Mercury Spitfire X7 four blade may also be an option. It should hold well in turns and provide a great holeshot.

3. Member
    My boat has trim tabs so I’ve never had issues with porpoising (knock on wood). I just found out today at work a coworker has a 20p spitfire that I’m going to try Wednesday but currently I don’t have a way to test any other props without buying one. I will be on the lookout for what you suggested though.

4. Member
    Your top RPM's are 6000 so I'd get a 21" laser II and run it to see if it needs any work. That bent prop needs work and that 22 laser II can have the cup taken out of it by a good prop guy which will be cheaper than buying a new one.