Lowrance to sho question

Can you get a tee to connect the interface cable under the dash to the cable running to the multi function gauge?
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

2. Member
    What interface cable?

Depends upon the multi-function gauge.

If Command Link multi-function gauge, yes. If conventional multi-function gauge, no.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yam911 View Post
    What interface cable?

Depends upon the multi-function gauge.

If Command Link multi-function gauge, yes. If conventional multi-function gauge, no.
    I have the command link 6y8 , so I can by a tee from Yamaha ?
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

4. Member
    Without knowing precisely how your boat is configured I cannot say precisely what you need. There are components available from Yamaha that will allow the Lowrance to be connected to the Yamaha Command Link (aka NMEA 2000) network.

Take a look in this document. You may have to remove some components and then add some components.

https://online.flowpaper.com/7c250766/2019MRP/#page=10

5. Member
    The motor has command link gauges , I have the Lowrance interface cable, I have a backbone I am just trying to avoid running the cable back to the motor it's real tight going through the motor rigging hose and connector . I was thinking the command link gauges are already connected to the motor and they are under the dash so trying to figure out a connection tee to tie it in.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yam911 View Post
    There is nowhere left on the motor to make a connection. It is already in use if you have CL gauges.

Can you take a photo that shows what your gauges are connected to? Possibly a Y connection. If so, that Y comes out so that a CL buss can be installed. You will then have a port available to which Lowrance cable 0120-37 can be inserted. The cable then runs to the Lowrance MFD.
    the gauges are connected to a connection that doesn't mate with the new Lowrance cable , there is a open slot on the speedo and two connections that have caps in the harness between the gauges nothing fits the Lowrance connection .
    I was thinking that the motor connection must be used to run the gauges , I an trying to figure out photo bucket to post pictures
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

7. Member
    Does it look like either of the following?
    zcl.jpg

8. Member
    I think I need that white connector doesn't look exactly like either but similar parts and wiring.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

9. Member
    Gateway hub assembly 6y8 81920-11-00 81920-11-00 thanks for all the help
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO