Factory installed "Gorilla Hull" equivalent (question for Bass Cat Boats)

There was a post on the main board about the Gorilla Hull by Toledo Fiberglass and how bullet proof (literally) it is. I personally know two boat owners that have had this installed due to damage seen at Lake Fork and both owners have been very happy with it. Is there a reason why Bass Cat and other manufactures don't offer an equivalent solution with a new boat? Does Toledo Fiberglass have the IP locked up with a patent? The only negative I have heard is that performance can be impacted although it seems to me that this issue could be resolved if the hull was designed for the compound up-front and/or incorporated during the lay-up process? Are there other issues?

2. Member
    I don't know the answer on this and will let BCB answer. I do believe BCB offers the option of having extra matting added in the build. Not sure many people do that though.

3. Bobby8
    Do a search on this and the basscat site. I remember it has been discussed at length.

You can add an extra laminate in the hull that increases fiberglass thickness and adds a layer of Woven Roving new.