Stratos 200 proxl

Seriously thinking about making a 12hr drive to look at an 08 200 proxl. I've never been in any of them and my other option is to wait for similar year skeeter zx225. I had an 09 zx225 and really liked it. With no stratos experience I'm nervous about what to expect. For those that have been in both do you think I'll be disappointed in the stratos overall?

2. NC Bass Club/Yamaha Motors Moderator BuzzB8's Avatar
    I think you'll like it. Of course, look what I have, duh.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzB8 View Post
    I think you'll like it. Of course, look what I have, duh.
    Do you by chance know how long it is on trailer with motor trimmed down and tongue swung? I'm concerned it won't fit in the garage, but I'm prepared to rent a storage unit if I have to. The one in question is listed on BBC right now. I saw the same boat in va 5 years ago, but never wanted to make the drive to get it. Now I'm prepared to make the drive, just can't get that amount of time off work!

4. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzzzbait88 View Post
    Do you by chance know how long it is on trailer with motor trimmed down and tongue swung? I'm concerned it won't fit in the garage, but I'm prepared to rent a storage unit if I have to. The one in question is listed on BBC right now. I saw the same boat in va 5 years ago, but never wanted to make the drive to get it. Now I'm prepared to make the drive, just can't get that amount of time off work!
    2006 brochure states 22'1", but I believe that's without a jackplate, and with a drop down tongue.

Will you like it?

Besides a couple of tin cans, I've owned a couple of Tritons and now my second Stratos. Excellent boat.

I've had a 295 Pro XL (too small). The 200 Pro XL is a nice size all round boat, and a rocket ship to boot! My 201 Evo is a Cadillac.

Things to ask for before you commit to a long drive:

- engine print out/diagnostics
    - lots of pics
    - maintenance history (boat/trailer)
    - any damage/repairs
    - condition/age of batteries
    - tires/brakes

It's a used boat, so don't expect new.

Nice looking boat, BTW.
    Last edited by CDN Bass; 09-07-2019 at 11:54 AM.
    Maple syrup... I put that sh*t on everything!
    '09 Stratos 201 XL EVO DC | 250 Pro XS | Razor 4 25P | 6" JP | 10' Talons Gen 2 | 112# Ultrex | Lowrance C12 x 4 | AT | '16 RAM Rebel

My ‘05 is 22’ 2”. Has the drop tongue and 8” jack.

Seriously thinking about making a 12hr drive to look at an 08 200 proxl. I've never been in any of them and my other option is to wait for similar year skeeter zx225. I had an 09 zx225 and really liked it. With no stratos experience I'm nervous about what to expect. For those that have been in both do you think I'll be disappointed in the stratos overall?
    It is a fast, dry riding hull. It rides “lighter” than the Skeeters, meaning it doesn’t feel like a heavy boat. When running fast it rides with the bow down slightly and loves just a little bit of chop to eat up.

7. Member
    You should like either. Both are great rigs for what you'll pay for them. I looked at a zx225 a few months before I bought my 200xl. That particular boat was real beat up with a misleading add (listed as in "excellent" shape on craigslist), so I didn't water test it. You have to try to make a 200xl porpoise, just don't give it trim till you've picked up a little speed. If set up somewhat correctly, the 200xl will not chine walk until you're going 70 something. I'm not disappointed in mine at all, just wish I would have went with lithium instead of the three heavy lead batteries I put in there for the ulltrex.

I'll try to remember to measure mine when I get home. I have an evinrude with a 6" manual plate. I'm thinking mine is a little under 22' (maybe 21-10") with the tongue open and the motor trimmed down.
    2008 Stratos 200XL - 225 Etec HO

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubber_Duck View Post
    You should like either. Both are great rigs for what you'll pay for them. I looked at a zx225 a few months before I bought my 200xl. That particular boat was real beat up with a misleading add (listed as in "excellent" shape on craigslist), so I didn't water test it. You have to try to make a 200xl porpoise, just don't give it trim till you've picked up a little speed. If set up somewhat correctly, the 200xl will not chine walk until you're going 70 something. I'm not disappointed in mine at all, just wish I would have went with lithium instead of the three heavy lead batteries I put in there for the ulltrex.

I'll try to remember to measure mine when I get home. I have an evinrude with a 6" manual plate. I'm thinking mine is a little under 22' (maybe 21-10") with the tongue open and the motor trimmed down.
    Thanks, the chine is a little worrisome to me. I've never really had to worry about it. My 09 zx225 would run 73-74 and not chine a bit, so I'm definitely going to have a big learning curve if I do end up getting it.

9. Member
    Thanks, the chine is a little worrisome to me. I've never really had to worry about it. My 09 zx225 would run 73-74 and not chine a bit, so I'm definitely going to have a big learning curve if I do end up getting it.
    If it's set up right, the 200xl may not walk at 74 either. But it is more likely to chine walk than the skeeter due to the design of the hull. It'll go faster too.
    2008 Stratos 200XL - 225 Etec HO

10. Member
    If anyone has a line on other used ones for sale let me know! This one may very well be available in oct still, but I'm open to seeing others. I've searched about everywhere possible and don't see many around. Would like to stay 07 or newer if possible.

They're great boats. I guess that's why you don't see them come up for sale very often. And probably why I can't part with mine