Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    What brand of power pack did you use and did you replace the sensor?

2. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    never a reply or continuation of this problem or solution????
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch View Post
    never a reply or continuation of this problem or solution????
    Nope, no reply.

4. Member
    So another trip to the river for a test run and similar results. Launch the boat, fired up the engine no problem, it coughed a couple times off and on but I was able to idle out to the end no wake zone which is only about 60 seconds away after which point I was able to easily get up on plane and run the boat WOT (5800 rpms) for a few minutes. I slowed down a couple of times to make sharp turns, cause it's a narrow river, but did not come all the way to idle. After I did get back to the launch and finally did come down to idle the engine did not want to idle. It kept shutting off and would just bog down whenever I try to step on the gas pedal and shut off. As it is idling and getting ready to shut down I can push in on the key switch to choke it and it will get the engine running again for a few seconds but would have to keep doing this. That's all it will do though I still cannot push on the gas pedal as it will just bog down and then shut off. At home on the trailer with the lower unit submersed into a 55 gallon tub filled with water the engine idles and revs up flawlessly. So to sum it up, engine runs fine on the trailer and runs fine on the water as long as I stay on the gas and don't let it get back down to idle. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions to this issue I would be ever so greatful!

5. Member
    I just now saw that there were three reply's to my Sept 22 post...dangit... I am sorry I did not see them! So I replaced the power with a new CDI pack. I did not replace the sensor.

6. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Cdi stuff sucks when added to OEM electrical parts..... always replace the sensor when replacing packs.....I prefer oem parts.....

7. Member
    So a CDI power pack, this after you said you were going to order a BRP pack and Sensor.

8. Member
    Yes, I know. The BRP was just a lot more expensive and I'm kinda on a tight budget.

9. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    Some never have time or money to do it right the first time but always find some to do it right the second,,,,,just saying. The experts here wont steer yah wrong.

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12