LSS-2 on tin boat

I am looking to install my LSS-2 on a war eagle 962 tomahawk and bobs 6” jackplate. Looking to do something like this https://www.thehulltruth.com/marine-...te-ranger.html.

Any thought on how this would work on my boat? Or any other suggestions, I am trying to avoid spending a ton of money if possible on savers and shields.

5E842394-07DC-4278-A4F5-9EBE785C7091.jpeg

2. Banned
    Why not put a transducer board on the transom and mount it to that? I have one on each side, totalscan on the starboard, and a mega transducer on the portside.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Why not put a transducer board on the transom and mount it to that? I have one on each side, totalscan on the starboard, and a mega transducer on the portside.
    I thought about that too but like the idea of it being protected by the jackplate. Do you have pics?

4. Member
    The jack plate mount is the best way. I don’t have a jack plate so I used a board. It’s darn near impossible to break the transducer in stumpy water tucked up under the jack plate.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsmith223 View Post
    I thought about that too but like the idea of it being protected by the jackplate. Do you have pics?
    post 891, page 45 on the show us your tin pics thread.

6. Member
    Looking my transom I don’t think it’s got a good spot to put a board. I might just mount straight to the hull.