Skeeter SX 180 Livewell wiring question

Trying to help my friend solve his livewell issue. I am not very familiar with the Skeeter setup

His livewell pump wasn't working. The cartridge was bad and I replaced it with a new one. Reconnected wires and nothing. I realized that his red light on the switch was not lighting up so I checked fuses

Looked at the fuse boxes and it has a fuse for starboard and port livewell, but he only has one pump. One of the fuses was blown. I replaced. Light worked. Thought for sure this would be final fix, wired it back up and nothing

Is there somewhere else to possibly check on this type of boat or is this a sign that the livewell wire is bad? I'm not sure what caused the fuse to blow in the first place

The skeeter has all of the accessory wires in a tight bundle and they run back up to the fuses. Just looking for any general advice about these boats. My other solution was to just run a new set of wires alongside the tight bundle ?

any advice appreciated

2. Member
    Does it have a manual and auto setting for the livewell
    05’ Skeeter TZX200, Yamaha 200hp HPDI
    00’ Skeeter SX186, Yamaha 150hp VMax.
    PRO-FORMANCE FISHING TEAM.

3. Member
    How did you determine the cartridge was bad? Use a test light or volt meter to see if you're getting power to the pump when the switch is on, if not, check power at the back of the switch. If the cartridge you replaced was locked up, that could very well be what caused the fuse to blow to begin with.

4. Member
    Yes it does have manual and auto setting.

For the old cartridge, I unscrewed it off and check and it didn't appear to be clogged up. I disconnected wires and put the wires directly on the battery and it would not spin.

I looked up under his console and can see the wires that run from back of switch, but they all run right into the huge rats's nest of wires and it not being my boat, I do not want to create a bigger problem

I can't figure out why the switch lights up and seems to work normally, but it's not sending any power to the pump

5. Member
    Sounds like possibly a bad livewell timer. It should have 1 pump for each livewell.
    05’ Skeeter TZX200, Yamaha 200hp HPDI
    00’ Skeeter SX186, Yamaha 150hp VMax.
    PRO-FORMANCE FISHING TEAM.