How’s the ride on fx

Hey guys never own a skeeter my last boat was a nitro z9 and the ride I thought was really good. Does and have any info on how a fx21 would compare to nitro z9 on ride.

2. Member
    I had a 2013 Z9. Traded it in 2017 for a FX 21. My Z9 wasnt bad but its like night and day compared to my FX 21. So much smoother. The FX rides like a Cadillac. Not saying the Z9 is a Pinto or anything. The FX is just a better ride. Hope this helps.

3. Member
    Thanks

4. Member
    My 2005 legend rode better than my 2014 fx 20.

5. Member
    I have a 2013 fx21 and I got it days after my back fusion surgery. I needed something with a good ride... I had never been in a Skeeter before and couldn’t even get in it when I bought it, I was on a walker, wearing pajamas and a back brace when I went too the bank too get the loan... lol
    I ended up having another back fusion surgery and a neck fusion surgery as well...
    I was hoping it would be a good ride when I bought it and I am totally pleased with mine!!!! I’m never sore or hurting after riding in mine which says a lot after all I’ve been through....
    i would think the newer ones are even better...
    i don’t think you will be disappointed if you get one...

6. Member
    I have drove a bunch of different boats and love how the 21 rides. I thought it rode considerably better than the 20. If you run a bravo or Razor 4xl it rides even better. Its the softest riding boat I have been in thus far.

7. Member
    Not knocking any brand just stating facts as I experienced them. I tournament fished for many years from Rangers. 1987, 1997, 2000, and lastly a beautiful 2016. The 2016 had the worst ride but was the fastest. I run a FX21 and there is no comparison between my Skeeter's ride and the Ranger. The Ranger slaps the water. I will say that you have to learn to get a Skeeter up on pad before trimming up. If you trim up as you come up on plane then you will experience the dreaded Skeeter porpose. In the end all the major bass boat brands are great, so much better in features than 10 years ago. Of course the price reflects that. You just have to find what meets your needs, kind of like buying a truck. Some people are Ford, some Chevy, some Ram, some this and some that brand. You're buying to please you so take some test runs and get what you like. For my $$ I'm a Skeeter guy, I like the fishability, the fit and finish, and the steady rock solid ride (no chine walk) at WOT. Skeeter isn't going to run with the real go fast boats but mid 70's (just me full fuel, empy livewells) is plenty fast for me. Good luck!