Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Standby on the “SHIFT POSITION” Fault code above… I just realize that my VesselView probably still thinks it’s communicating with a mercury 150 4 stroke. I will try to recalibrate and test again.

2. Member
    I entered in the optis serial number into vessel view. Not much changed...i don’t think it made a difference. i will look at the shift sensor for a loose wire. I may have hit it when i was slipping the sensor off of the fuel filter on the vst.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phyrefighterjay View Post
    Update: my sensor fault is...”SHIFT POSITION POTENTIOMETER The input circuit for the sensor is below the valid limit” “shift position Sensor is not working properly” What is this fault? Quick fix or lots of $$$ and pain? Is it vital to fix this? (I know...stupid question).
    Is the engine IN GEAR when you are attempting to accelerate? NEVER accelerate unless engine is in gear, and going somewhere.

If it WAS in gear, you may have a Shift Position Switch Problem.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Here as a follow-up to the whole thread… The strainer was full of stuff… The impeller was cracked… The shift linkage needed to be tightened a bit. And it was running badly bc of a fuel injector connection was loose! I got a hreat running engine now! Thanks guys!

5. Member
    Here as a follow-up to the whole thread… The strainer was full of stuff… The impeller was cracked… The shift linkage needed to be tightened a bit. And it was running badly bc of a fuel injector connection was loose! I got a hreat running engine now! Thanks guys!

6. Member
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

7. Member
    Follow up. The engine was running poorly bc of loose connection with fuel injector. New impeller solved the overheating. Shift pentometer jumped off of the shift cable...should i tighten it? Ive had this prob with my 2002 as well

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12