What are you trying ?

Fish suspended at 25 to 30 feet in shad in 60 feet of open water. Lets hear how you guys would feel confident about catching fish. Thanks

I fish spots under these conditions. They roam open water like a pack of wolves chasing shad through the fall. My bait of choice is the Damiki Vault 1/2 oz. It sinks like a rock to access deeper water. It works both retrieved as a lipless crank with hard vibration. But it can be verticle jigged as a blade bait. You can cover a lot of open water fast because it casts like a bullet. But when shad shows up on your electronics you can quickly drop it verticle to their depth.

3. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Dropshot, jigging spoon, jigging a lipless crankbait, spybait if the water was clear enough.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

If that's how the fish are behaving, I'm going to find some dirty water by running way up the main river or way to the back of a major creek and pick up my flipping rod!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

5. Member
    Hair jig, chatterbait, scrounger, spinbait, a rig

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    If that's how the fish are behaving, I'm going to find some dirty water by running way up the main river or way to the back of a major creek and pick up my flipping rod!
    Good luck with that around here, upper rivers are almost as clear as the main lake. It's more the current that make the uppers fishable.

7. Member
    Good suggestions guys. Thanks

Yesterday I fished one of the local community lakes, bass were scattered over deep water and coming up to eat shad on top. They are very cagey fish and tough to fool with a top water as they have seen it all. The shad are also very small, about an inch long so there's that too.

Did real well tossing a 1/4 oz silver Kastmaster at them. I'd work it pretty fast, popping it then letting it fall for a second or so. I modify the Kastmaster, I replace the lousy stock hook with #6 Owner dressed treble, and spray paint the flat side of the Kastmaster white. I also replace the lousy stock split rings and put a snap lock on the front.

Fall Table Rock fish will also go for the Kastmaster.