Removing onboard charger to save weight

Trying to lighten up my 618 to improve holeshot. Planning on moving to two lithium batteries for the trolling motor which will save me 61 lbs and after finding out that my dual pro charger weighs 22.5lb, I'm thinking it would be great if I could pull that too. However any portable charger I've seen is only one bank. Would be nice if they had a portable charger that you could quickly plug into multiple banks. Anybody know of a charger that can do that or have modified an onboard that you can pull in and out of the boat quickly for charging?

2. Member
    take the one you take out of the boat and put clips/clamps on the wires and use it, I have one I did that to for my extra car battery/s.
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

3. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fisher_hunt View Post
    Trying to lighten up my 618 to improve holeshot. Planning on moving to two lithium batteries for the trolling motor which will save me 61 lbs and after finding out that my dual pro charger weighs 22.5lb, I'm thinking it would be great if I could pull that too. However any portable charger I've seen is only one bank. Would be nice if they had a portable charger that you could quickly plug into multiple banks. Anybody know of a charger that can do that or have modified an onboard that you can pull in and out of the boat quickly for charging?
    I have some from noco thats easy to modify, also have a a portable multi bank coming soon buts its a 4 bank
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    I have some from noco thats easy to modify, also have a a portable multi bank coming soon buts its a 4 bank
    Interested in the four bank portable let us know when it's available, what are we looking at cost wise.

You can wire your charging wires into a 7 wire trailer plug and make it an easy hook up that way, I did it to a 920 I had and it couldn’t get much simpler. Have the female end mounted in the back of the boat above the batteries and have the male end on your charger wires, one hookup that way and plug it in and walk away.

I set a dual pro on my back deck with alligator clips. Great charger I can leave it out in the rain no issue.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

7. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Go with the Stealth One AC/DC charger. weights 10Lbs and chargers on the run or chargers all the batteries on the 110. Never understood why folks would go with Lithium Batteries, and leave in the Dual Pro charger. The PS4 is almost 30 Lbs!!! The charger consists of two boxes, one for the AC that charges the cranking battery, and one that charges the TM batteries. You can remote mount the AC with alligator clips. Leaving the DC charger in the boat which weighs around 5 Lbs.

It works with a single 36 volt or 3 12 volt TM batteries.

Danny can be a little hard to get a hold of but has a great product and can be programmed for lithium or traditional batteries.
    Last edited by Hickory Legend; 09-06-2019 at 11:52 AM.

8. Member
    Here is a great thread on the same subject along with a link to buy a kit for converting your charger

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....ranger+lost+33

9. Member
    I put my Pro Charger in a plastic tool box. Cut a notch for the wires to come out of. Put battery clips on them. Another notch for the power cord. Portable dual bank charger.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

10. Member
    Call and get the hackney charger from phoenix. It's a great system. Just dont leave it sitting on the back deck and drive away lol

11. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    https://www.facebook.com/10625278945...059108?sfns=mo

In the middle of the video he shows a remote charger, he has 2 36 volt batteries, you would just have one.

12. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Am also a Dealer for Stealth Chargers and offer BBC discount on them also
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

13. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Call Dual Pro 615-471-5300. They have a piggyback Chargers that connect with the same type of connector that golf carts do. It's heavy duty and they can build one to fit your needs even with a couple of lithiums. Mine is the Eagle Performance Series.http://www.dualpro.com/product/eagle...rmance-series/

14. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fidgetcranker View Post
    Call Dual Pro 615-471-5300. They have a piggyback Chargers that connect with the same type of connector that golf carts do. It's heavy duty and they can build one to fit your needs even with a couple of lithiums. Mine is the Eagle Performance Series.http://www.dualpro.com/product/eagle...rmance-series/

I sell these also
    info@drewcraft.com