New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar

What happen to all the weed in Webster lake???

Went to Webster lake today, haven't been there in about 10 years or so wow, what a difference where did all the good weeds go all I could fine today was what I call sand grass or eel grass to me no coontail or milfoil to speak of. Some guy was taking a bot out and said he was with the lake association and when I asked about th weed he said we got rid of them years ago....lol Caught one fish about 4 lbs and one small keeper in about 6 1/2 hours
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

2. Member
    They treated it with the pellets 2x this year. Starting last year they are using a herbicide that targets most weeds, not just milfoil. The lake association has a contract with this company for 3 more years after this one. That green squiggly grass is what fills in the void of the other grasses, it has shallow roots and holds no fish usually.

Glad someone practiced it Al, I'm sure not going to bother . Have been there once in 20 years and hated it. I'll be there Wednesday for the tourney though.

4. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    I'm not in the tourney but went along with someone to practice, hey a day on the water is always good even better when you catch fish ...lol
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years