Rust spots on chrome wheel

my Heritage has spoked wheels on it and I noticed last night while washing it down, since it hasn't had a good bath in a while since I haven't been riding much that I have got a couple small spots of rust on the rear rim of the wheel.
    any of you all have any ideas on how to get rid of this?
    would like to swap the wheels out to something else at some point but wont be for a while.
    the bike of course has bags on it and all that and they do not have quick disconnect mounts on the bags so they are a bit of a pain to take off so I am sure through its life the rear wheel hasn't been cleaned or polished right so im going to try and get some quick disconnects for it so I can but in the mean time is there anything I can do to remove the rust spots or at least prevent more from coming up?

Stop at a marine store and get Collonite metal polish. The stuff is the best on all forms of metal. even if you have dull diamond plate, it will make it shine again. Stuff is the best I have used and I have detailed off and on for a long time..
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/COLLINITE...10090301008005

3. Member
    Ran a motorcycle parts dept for years, this was the best stuff out for many years. I’m sure it is still as good now as it was then, your local shop should have it on the shelf.

https://www.amazon.com/Simichrome-39...25090650&psc=1

4. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    A wad of wet aluminum foil will clean it up.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​