Javelin Renegade 20 potential purchase

https://cnj.craigslist.org/boa/d/how...969232134.html

I know these posts can get annoying but it is extremely helpful for people like me. this will be my second boat. I am looking to be a more serious tournament fisherman and im looking to upgrade to something bigger that can handle bigger water better (I live in NY, think cayuga and st lawrence)

I think 7k with the talons seems like a good deal. i am communicating with the guy to set up a meeting

anything i should look out for? is this a steal? or should i steer clear?

Thanks in Advance!

2. Member
    Good deal if motor checks out, make sure of the fiberglass damage hull looks on rough side if though its loaded out.
    Last edited by DTW2; 09-03-2019 at 08:27 PM. Reason: changed mind
    Daniel Willoughby

I've owned my R20 since new and they are great boats. If the motor was a Ficht I'd say consider replacing it but those carb motors are good. Only thing about them are the carb bowls warp and can be repaired a few times but the bowls are no longer available. The experts on the motor may have some advise about it.
    That boat is fast and should be no problem but I don't know the history on that particular boat. The trailer is steel tube which don't last long around salt water. They rust front the inside out, so figure on replacing it soon. You can get a nice galvanized trailer for a couple grand. with the talons I do think it's a great price.
    Run it with a 26 Trophy and you will be a happy camper. Let me know if you want to know anything else about the R20.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

4. Member
    I appreciate the feedback guys! i tried to get him to send me a picture of the transom braces that were sometimes missing but the battery charger was in the way. what do those look like so i can make sure they are there and not damaged? is there any specific damage to look for if they aren't there?

Quote Originally Posted by kbeeb374 View Post
    I appreciate the feedback guys! i tried to get him to send me a picture of the transom braces that were sometimes missing but the battery charger was in the way. what do those look like so i can make sure they are there and not damaged? is there any specific damage to look for if they aren't there?
    Transom braces??? If you are talking about knee braces the R20 don't have them like some other boats do. Just a different design.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

Looks like a good deal.