Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The 150 four stroke, 150 ProXS, and 175 ProXS are readily available. They are also available as certified pre-owned as well, which are great deals. On your boat, I wouldn't run the Suzuki, it's really heavy, and is geared for heavy boats. (2.5:1 ratio). You'll have to spin a high pitch prop, and suffer out of the hole. A 175 ProXS would out perform it in every way. Your boat is better off with the lighter engines.

The Mercs will be better, and the Yamaha's and Evinrude are also good. A Yamaha 175 Vmax SHO is a great engine. The Evinrude G2 150 HO is very well priced and will blow the doors off the Suzuki.

If you feel better about supporting the American companies, Merc and Evinrude are the best choices.

2. Member
    The 200xs weighs 505 lbs the 175 weighs 470. The Zuke 200 weighs 498. I have never been a good sheep. Good luck. And I am very aware of the prop. I am stating facts. Do you want to buy a motor for me? Give a guy a patch and he is a rep. And as I stated " don't plan on racing any one to my fishing hole. There are enough people out there risking safety of theirselves and others for testosterone high.
    Last edited by Tohio; 09-11-2019 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tohio View Post
    The 200xs weighs 505 lbs the 175 weighs 470. The Zuke 200 weighs 498. I have never been a good sheep. Good luck. And I am very aware of the prop. I am stating facts. Do you want to buy a motor for me? Give a guy a patch and he is a rep. And as I stated " don't plan on racing any one to my fishing hole. There are enough people out there risking safety of theirselves and others for testosterone high.
    Suzuki DF200A is 518 Lbs. It might work okay for just cruising around. That's a lot of weight on the back of that little boat though. Good luck.

4. Member
    Well my manual and chrome search might be wrong then. Its a inline 4 cylinder. I didn't weigh it myself. Maybe you are right

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wave to Wave View Post
    The 150 four stroke, 150 ProXS, and 175 ProXS are readily available. They are also available as certified pre-owned as well, which are great deals. On your boat, I wouldn't run the Suzuki, it's really heavy, and is geared for heavy boats. (2.5:1 ratio). You'll have to spin a high pitch prop, and suffer out of the hole. A 175 ProXS would out perform it in every way. Your boat is better off with the lighter engines.

The Mercs will be better, and the Yamaha's and Evinrude are also good. A Yamaha 175 Vmax SHO is a great engine. The Evinrude G2 150 HO is very well priced and will blow the doors off the Suzuki.

If you feel better about supporting the American companies, Merc and Evinrude are the best choices.
    When you say "175 ProXS" are you referring to the new V6 fourstroke, if so, I doubt they are readily available?

6. Member
    The 2004 mercury 200 weighs 497 lb. And my little boat was rated for it. Man I should contacted you we could have sued pro craft. I checked all specs. My carbed 150 xr6 struggled with 2 people and equipment. I know it had more power than the 4 stroke. I only drove it for 16yrs. You maybe right.

Quote Originally Posted by Tohio View Post
    The 2004 mercury 200 weighs 497 lb. And my little boat was rated for it. Man I should contacted you we could have sued pro craft. I checked all specs. My carbed 150 xr6 struggled with 2 people and equipment. I know it had more power than the 4 stroke. I only drove it for 16yrs. You maybe right.
    Let us know how it goes. I'm curious about the Suzuki. I'm a four stroke fan, I run a Merc 150 myself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12