2000 180 ProV with 2019 175 ProXS

I figured I should put this here. I blew up the original motor a couple of months ago and decided to upgrade. I had this boat built in 2000 and I have been the only owner. I am still trying to get it set up properly by playing with prop to pad and props. Hopefully it will get dialed in soon. I also added hydraulic steering and a mercmonitor.

2. Member
    Nice boat! That engine looks huge compared to my xr6.
    Tight lines!

3. Member
    Very nice!!

4. Member
    It is a lot bigger than the old motor. I'm 6'2" and its as tall as I am.

5. Member
    Have you got any mph numbers yet?My partners old boat was a 180 also with a 175xs

6. Member
    I had to take it to dealer today because it didn't feel right and the numbers didnt add up. Sure enough the throttle was only at 88%. When I left there I went straight to the lake and ran it at a couple of different setups. So far the best handling and speed is at 3.5" PTP and it ran 66.0 at 5650 RPM with 24 psi water pressure. I am running a 23p Fury. I tried to raise it 1/4" and lost 1 MPH and 200 RPM and it didn't handle as well. Numbers are tournament load, 3/4 tank of fuel, live wells full. Numbers are from Mercmonitor and GPS. It was 95 degrees. I hope I get a fuzz more when it gets cooler. I don't think I'm going to mess with it for a while until it gets cooler. I have my journey and more numbers on the 4 stroke board in a thread called Got Lucky, New 2019 175 Proxs. I still don't believe the RPM on the Mercmonitor because when I look at the prop slip calculator on Mercury's Web site, it says 1. I noticed the peak RPMS at peak speed on the mercmonitor don't update immediately, you have to be there for a couple of seconds. It's like it's sampling at some interval. I was probably at a little bit higher RPM. I'll know more with a little more time in the seat.

7. Member
    your really close to my and my partners numbers when it cools down you'll pick up a few more for sure. im a little surprised you lost a mph when raising it 1/4 , ill have to go back and find my notes but i think i was running 3- 2 3/4 below pad on mine.

8. Member
    I'll take any notes you have. When I was raising the engine at 88% throttle, it lost speed and RPM at the same height. It's weird. I never tried 3" PTP. I may play with it more when it cools down, but right now I am pretty happy with the numbers and I just want to fish for a while. It's been a long couple of months. If I can gain 150-200 RPM when it gets cooler, I'll be totally happy. It is driving and handling perfect.