Best brisket I have eaten

The wife and I was in Austin Tx. earlier this week and we went to Franklin's Bbq. It lived up to all the hype I have heard about it. By for the best brisket I have eaten. We also tried the pork ribs and smoked turkey. There was enough left over I had it for dinner that night at the hotel and for lunch the next day.

2. Member
    I wish I were closer to Austin

3. Member
    It’s on my bucket list of bbq places to go. One of these days I want to take a week off and do a week long bbq crawl from Nebraska to Texas and back.
    1995 Ranger 487VS / 1998 Mercury 200 EFI

4. Member
    I'm with bassin man. Definitely a bucket list bbq joint. The Texans definitely have brisket down to an art form. I was in San Antonio a few months back and tried a couple of bbq joint there and to say the least, the brisket was seriously good.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

5. Member
    Over the last 20 years the wife and I have made it point to try the barbecue in the areas we visit. We have done a lot of the Kansas City joints, Memphis joints, North & South Carolina joints, Mississippi and a lot of different Texas joints. Some of the others had better pork ribs but none were as good as Franklin's brisket.

The night before we had a beef rib from Black's BBQ that weighed almost a pound and a half and was very good also.

6. Member
    I had it last month for my cousins 50th birthday and I totally agree with you.