Dale Hollow - When & Where??

Wife and I are looking to burn a week's vacation in November or December for some smallmouth fishing. So the question is, would you recommend early/late November or December? Also, any recommendations for lodging would be appreciated. Preferably within walking distance to a covered dock with power. I've only been once and stayed at Holly Creek. I liked the accommodations and would stay there again, but am looking for other possibilities. Thanks all.

2. Member
    It will depend on how cold it gets, and how fast. I start going back out during the day mid to late October but it's hit or miss. Thanksgiving to Christmas is usually the best. When the water hits 50* that's the key.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassakwards View Post
    It will depend on how cold it gets, and how fast. I start going back out during the day mid to late October but it's hit or miss. Thanksgiving to Christmas is usually the best. When the water hits 50* that's the key.
    +1. I prefer December but if the temps come down quickly then late November will be good too. Even more fun when you get into January and February and the water temps are in the 40's and the float n fly bite is on. When the Hollow is on, she is a fun lake to fish. If I were taking the wife, I'd go for Holly Creek. Otherwise I stay at Horse Creek Marina and Resort (don't let the "resort" part fool you, it's a fishing camp)
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

4. Member
    I stay at Horse Creek, when I go alone or with my buddies. I would not take my wife there. Mitchell Creek has some nice cabins, I've taken my wife there. Willow Grove is a little dated, but they are clean and pretty nice, too.

5. Member
    Mitchell creek also has a really nice house they rent out but it is not on the water but overlooks it.

6. Member
    Thanksgiving is my trigger date. It usually starts getting good around that time of the year,

7. Member
    Thanks all for the info. Been looking at the recommendations, but haven't pulled the trigger just yet. Will probably go early December.

Check out dale hollow marina. Great people there.