Question Little Bay De Noc Alternatives

Hi,

I'm heading to LBDN in Mid-Oct to chase some smallies, which basically means I'm gambling on the wind LOL. Does anyone have any suggestions on other lakes/rivers in the area if she's blowing too hard for the bay?

I'll be staying in the Gladstone area, and would like to keep the drive reasonable.

Is the Escanaba river accessible in a bass boat? I fished the bay last year around this time and that river was ripping over the dam, so I'm not sure how realistic it is to fish.
    What about Indian Lake or any of those smaller lakes around there?

Thanks for your help
    2012 Nitro Z8
    225 Mercury Pro XS

The upper bay is pretty sheltered and is like a inland lake. I've caught some giants very close to the Kipling boat launch. There's a lot of nice structure in that part of the bay.
    2019 Phoenix 21PHX / 250 Mercury Pro XS 4 Stroke

3. Member
    I was up there for a week 5 years ago. There is OK smallmouth fishing in Little Bay but Big Bay is where the beasts are. It blew pretty hard a couple of days but there are several boat ramps on both Bays so we could always find a place to get out of the wind. Fish reefs, bays, and river mouths. Most of the fish up there have never seen a lure before.

4. Member
    What's the best time of the fall to fish Bays De noc