could use some help from the more experienced

few months ago we bought a small camper from a co worker of mine. its not perfect and needs some work that we have been doing a little at a time. Bear with me this is the first large camper like this I have ever had so some of the stuff I'm learning as I go.

camper is a 2007 Rockwood Roo 233 Expandable.

so first thing is when I got it they told us that the water system did not work due to a leak somewhere from the owner before them. the owner at some point had not winterized it and something froze and broke.
    so this past weekend wife and I were camping in it and just messing around with it some during the middle of the day when we weren't doing anything. and I found that there is a large canister filter where the "city water" comes in. the plastic canister was broke and laying on the floor. so we figured out the parts to get it to work.

after some more looking around I found something else out. on the "potable water" tank there is a hose that comes out of the bottom of the tank into a T fitting. this fitting looks like it has some kind of small plug of some sort that was laying out on the floor and the fitting is just open on the top. The whole camper has been plumbed with Pex hose so I know its good stuff from using it on houses but I'm not that familiar with some of the different fittings. with this one can I just change this fitting out with a 90 degree elbow and be done with it?
    including some pictures.
    20190901_163833.jpg
    20190901_163826.jpg
    20190901_163943.jpg

the next question is on the Awning. so its got a Sunchaser awning on it. it works great and the canvas is in great shape. last time we used it the support arms that slide up to the top the small pc that moves in that track broke somehow. not sure how but I'm hoping that I can get them separate from buying a ton of awning parts because I know those aren't cheap.
    so does anyone know if I can get just this piece.
    20190831_080821.jpg
    20190831_080824.jpg

And the last question.
    at the very back of the camper there is a pipe that has a female hose end on it to hook to a water hose and inline on the pipe just down from it there is a ball valve to shut the water off to. I have no clue what this would be for. all the water pump fresh water tank, filter, and so on is at the front of the camper
    the black and grey tanks are at the back. im wondering if this is a flush hose for the black water tank possibly?
    Last edited by Luke; 09-04-2019 at 09:42 AM.

2. Member
    The awning can be fixed easily. You tube it and the parts can be bought on Amazon.

3. Banned
    Bypass the filter with regular potable water hose and fittings. The filters are garbage.
    Most of those parts are available. Try Etrailer or camping world online.
    If it's not the city water or antifreeze inlet, it's black tank flush. All else fails, follow the hose.

4. Member
    Yes the awning is an easy fix. Not really sure on the Tee fitting plug deal. Never seen that before. The line at the back with the female connector may just be the low point water valve. My last camper had two of them at the back rear just underneath. You could open them up and blow air through the water system to winterize by blowing all the water out of the lines. It's hard to say for sure without seeing it in person or a pic but I really doubt it's a black tank flush. Those are normally near the fresh water inlet.

5. Member
    I reread your post again. Is the fitting low and at the back or up higher up?

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Junkie View Post
    I reread your post again. Is the fitting low and at the back or up higher up?
    the fitting with the T? its on the bottom of the potable water tank is where one line runs the other goes under the camper and the top of it is open

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    the fitting with the T? its on the bottom of the potable water tank is where one line runs the other goes under the camper and the top of it is open
    I believe that to be the fresh water tank drain petcock.

Quote Originally Posted by bshort View Post
    I believe that to be the fresh water tank drain petcock.
    that would make sense but didn't look like to me there was any way to screw this part in so it stays in
    ill have to look at it again

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    that would make sense but didn't look like to me there was any way to screw this part in so it stays in
    ill have to look at it again
    Mine rotates 180 degrees to drain.

10. Member
    I was talking about the pipe with the ball valve but yes your fresh water tank will have a petcock drain that looks like this https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Fresh-Wa...01-2026VP.html . It will also have an overflow line coming out of it somewhere in case you overfill.

So the pipe with the ball valve...where is it located on the trailer?

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Junkie View Post
    I was talking about the pipe with the ball valve but yes your fresh water tank will have a petcock drain that looks like this https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Fresh-Wa...01-2026VP.html . It will also have an overflow line coming out of it somewhere in case you overfill.

So the pipe with the ball valve...where is it located on the trailer?
    That is located at the very rear of the trailer. The water tanks and so on are up in the front of the camper

12. Member
    I bet the ball valve is for opening the "low point drain" in the water system. I don't think they are doing those much anymore but installed them for quite a while. You can open the valve and drain most of the water out of the lines then blow compressed air into the water line with a special fitting that screwed into the "city water" connection and purge any water that was in the lines and not have to winterize with antifreeze. I had something similar on my 1998 Layton but it was plugs that screwed into a low point in the water line instead of a valve.

I prefer to just use antifreeze and there is a bypass valve you can install to make the job much easier if your trailer doesn't have one. I have one that was installed on my camper at the factory. I can remove one panel, a drawer and turn three valves. Then drop a hose into a bucket of antifreeze and draw it through all my lines in about 10 or 15 mins total. That's much easier than the compressed air deal and I'm speaking from experience at both.